Bitcoin to Scale-Up to $90,000 in 2020 Says State-Backed German Bank
By Mark Lemon – Cryptocurrency Specialist
BayernLB, the Munich-based German bank, predicts that Bitcoin could make a monumental leap in 2020 according to a report on Bitcoin versus gold. It was even suggested that the price could lead to $90,000 which would suggest a lot of crypto buying.
BayernLB published its latest research report on October 1, which indicates that the upcoming Bitcoin halving effect has yet to be incorporated into its current lower price of $8,300. This could suggest that the predicted price movement of Bitcoin could be slightly deflated, and we could see more buying Bitcoin than predicted in the long run.
Gold, according to the financial institution, had to earn its high stock-to-flow ratio over the period of a millennia. Bitcoin however, has been predicted to reach this level of stock-to-flow ratio but within a much shorter period.
Manuel Andersch, Bayerische Landesbank’s senior FX analyst and author of the research report says that stock-to-flow ratios serve as a means to quantify an asset’s “hardness.”
“Historically speaking, it has invariably been the commodity with the highest stock-to-flow ratio at that juncture which has been used as money because this enabled the best value transfer over time.”
A commodity’s (such as gold) stock-to-flow ratio is an asset’s amount that is held in reserves, which is then divided by the asset’s amount that is annually produced. The supply of Bitcoin decreases with every halving, meaning this ratio is ever increasing as time goes on. If demand for buying Bitcoin continues to increase as the supply is reduced, then the price could rally much higher.
The author then finishes the report by saying that Bitcoin's stock-to-flow ratio is likely to grow in May 2020, adding that factoring this ratio in by this period, a price of around $90,000 could be achieved. He went on to suggest that the halving effect must not have been priced into the current price and we could see more demand to buy and sell Bitcoin, potentially causing the price to rally.
Don’t forget you can head over to our platform if you’re looking to buy Bitcoin UK from your trusted Bitcoin broker.
Dear valued BC Bitcoin UK Clients,
I hope this email finds you well. We are reaching out to inform you of some significant changes to our services that directly impact our operations within the United Kingdom. Regrettably, due to the recent regulatory developments introduced by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and the implementation of the new Financial Promotions Regime, BC Bitcoin is no longer able to offer our services to clients based in the UK. This very difficult decision is in compliance with the regulatory framework and ensures that we uphold the highest standards of transparency and legality. You can view the FCA publication here: https://www.fca.org.uk/publication/finalised-guidance/fg23-3.pdf As a result, we would like to inform you of the following changes and provide guidance on how to manage your assets with BC Bitcoin:
1. **Service Termination for UK Clients:**BC Bitcoin will no longer be able to accept new purchase orders from clients residing in the United Kingdom.
2. **Continued Operation Outside the UK:**Despite the changes within the UK, BC Bitcoin will continue to operate outside of the UK as normal. Our services will remain unaffected for clients in other regions.
3. **Withdrawal of Assets:**For our UK clients holding assets with BC Bitcoin, we want to assure you that your assets are secure. You have the option to safely withdraw your assets or exchange them to GBP or EUR and subsequently withdraw. We have streamlined the withdrawal process to ensure convenience for our clients.
4. **Conversion of Assets:**To convert your Holdings to fiat please log in to your BC Bitcoin account and submit a sell order for the amount of coin you hold with us. During the process you will shown how much you will receive and asked the bank details you wish to receive payment to. In addition, you can request the conversion by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org from your registered email address. If you encounter any issues or require assistance, our customer support team is ready to help you throughout the process.
5. **Withdrawal Procedure:**To initiate a withdrawal, please email your request to email@example.com from your registered email address. You may be asked some security questions to verify your identity. If you encounter any issues or require assistance, our customer support team is ready to help you throughout the process. These changes are effective immediately, and we appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this transitional period. We understand that this may be an inconvenience for our UK clients, and we sincerely apologise for any disruption this may cause. Thank you for being a valued part of the BC Bitcoin community. We are committed to providing you with a seamless experience as we navigate through these regulatory changes. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to our customer support team at firstname.lastname@example.org Kind Regards