By Ollie - Cryptocurrency Consultant - 03-11-2021
As the hype for the metaverse grows, virtual worlds continue to develop and expand. Reportedly, a popular cryptocurrency exchange platform, KuCoin, is currently in the works to open a virtual office in the metaverse. According to KuCoin’s announcement, the company that allows its users to buy and sell Bitcoin (BTC) and altcoins are setting up its office in the virtual lands of the decentralised metaverse Bloktopia’s tower. The announcement came on Tuesday this past week when KuCoin stated that they will in fact be entering the metaverse. KuCoin mentioned that they would be opening a skyscraper-style headquarters within Bloktopia’s virtual reality platform.
Within the Bloktopia (BLOK) metaverse, it is said that all content providers such as Polygon (MATIC) and Avalanche (AVAX) must be housed within the structure. The virtual skyscraper includes 21 stories; this number is dedicated to Bitcoin’s 21 million market supply. In the announcement, KuCoin stated that users are able to design cyberpunks as well as engage with the surroundings while communicating with each other within the metaverse.
Reportedly, KuCoin has fully embraced the metaverse and is even supporting two metaverse tokens. The two tokens that KuCoin has now integrated are BLOK, Bloktopia’s native currency, and DREAMS, Dreams Quest’s utility token. Dreams Quest is a gaming platform backed by decentralised blockchain technology that aims to establish itself in a metaverse-based economy. Many other significant companies have already announced their participation and their willingness to join the metaverse. Some major companies, include Facebook, Nike, and Microsoft, are all now joining the development of the metaverse era.
Dear valued BC Bitcoin UK Clients,
I hope this email finds you well. We are reaching out to inform you of some significant changes to our services that directly impact our operations within the United Kingdom. Regrettably, due to the recent regulatory developments introduced by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and the implementation of the new Financial Promotions Regime, BC Bitcoin is no longer able to offer our services to clients based in the UK. This very difficult decision is in compliance with the regulatory framework and ensures that we uphold the highest standards of transparency and legality. You can view the FCA publication here: https://www.fca.org.uk/publication/finalised-guidance/fg23-3.pdf As a result, we would like to inform you of the following changes and provide guidance on how to manage your assets with BC Bitcoin:
1. **Service Termination for UK Clients:**BC Bitcoin will no longer be able to accept new purchase orders from clients residing in the United Kingdom.
2. **Continued Operation Outside the UK:**Despite the changes within the UK, BC Bitcoin will continue to operate outside of the UK as normal. Our services will remain unaffected for clients in other regions.
3. **Withdrawal of Assets:**For our UK clients holding assets with BC Bitcoin, we want to assure you that your assets are secure. You have the option to safely withdraw your assets or exchange them to GBP or EUR and subsequently withdraw. We have streamlined the withdrawal process to ensure convenience for our clients.
4. **Conversion of Assets:**To convert your Holdings to fiat please log in to your BC Bitcoin account and submit a sell order for the amount of coin you hold with us. During the process you will shown how much you will receive and asked the bank details you wish to receive payment to. In addition, you can request the conversion by emailing email@example.com from your registered email address. If you encounter any issues or require assistance, our customer support team is ready to help you throughout the process.
5. **Withdrawal Procedure:**To initiate a withdrawal, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org from your registered email address. You may be asked some security questions to verify your identity. If you encounter any issues or require assistance, our customer support team is ready to help you throughout the process. These changes are effective immediately, and we appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this transitional period. We understand that this may be an inconvenience for our UK clients, and we sincerely apologise for any disruption this may cause. Thank you for being a valued part of the BC Bitcoin community. We are committed to providing you with a seamless experience as we navigate through these regulatory changes. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to our customer support team at email@example.com Kind Regards