By Max - Bitcoin Specialist - 31-10-2021
In recent news for global crypto adoption, the university of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School is now accepting cryptocurrency as a form of payment. The decision for the business school to start investing in cryptocurrency payment options came as they brought out a new course on blockchain technology and crypto. Wharton is not only one of the top business schools in America, but it's also the first collegiate business school worldwide. Notable students and attendees of Wharton are Sundar Pichai, Warren Buffett, and Elon Musk. Musk, CEO of electric automobile company Tesla, is also famously known for buying Bitcoin (BTC) and Dogecoin (DOGE).
Recently, Wharton has integrated Bitcoin and Ethereum (ETH) payment gateways into the school’s system. The integrations are all part of the business school’s new courses that are now available. The course dubbed “Economics of Blockchain and Digital Assets” is a six-week course that is online only. Reportedly, when taking the course, students will be identifying use cases for blockchain technology and digital assets. Some digital assets include crypto, NFTs, and CBDCs. Students will also learn to know the costs and benefits when using blockchain compared to other technologies currently available. Furthermore, the course teaches what are the basic value driver for crypto market investments and analyse it by looking at utility, governance, and staking tokens. In another week, students will have to show why regulation in the crypto industry is important and how blockchain companies can operate legally.
Dear valued BC Bitcoin UK Clients,
I hope this email finds you well. We are reaching out to inform you of some significant changes to our services that directly impact our operations within the United Kingdom. Regrettably, due to the recent regulatory developments introduced by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and the implementation of the new Financial Promotions Regime, BC Bitcoin is no longer able to offer our services to clients based in the UK. This very difficult decision is in compliance with the regulatory framework and ensures that we uphold the highest standards of transparency and legality. You can view the FCA publication here: https://www.fca.org.uk/publication/finalised-guidance/fg23-3.pdf As a result, we would like to inform you of the following changes and provide guidance on how to manage your assets with BC Bitcoin:
1. **Service Termination for UK Clients:**BC Bitcoin will no longer be able to accept new purchase orders from clients residing in the United Kingdom.
2. **Continued Operation Outside the UK:**Despite the changes within the UK, BC Bitcoin will continue to operate outside of the UK as normal. Our services will remain unaffected for clients in other regions.
3. **Withdrawal of Assets:**For our UK clients holding assets with BC Bitcoin, we want to assure you that your assets are secure. You have the option to safely withdraw your assets or exchange them to GBP or EUR and subsequently withdraw. We have streamlined the withdrawal process to ensure convenience for our clients.
4. **Conversion of Assets:**To convert your Holdings to fiat please log in to your BC Bitcoin account and submit a sell order for the amount of coin you hold with us. During the process you will shown how much you will receive and asked the bank details you wish to receive payment to. In addition, you can request the conversion by emailing email@example.com from your registered email address. If you encounter any issues or require assistance, our customer support team is ready to help you throughout the process.
5. **Withdrawal Procedure:**To initiate a withdrawal, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org from your registered email address. You may be asked some security questions to verify your identity. If you encounter any issues or require assistance, our customer support team is ready to help you throughout the process. These changes are effective immediately, and we appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this transitional period. We understand that this may be an inconvenience for our UK clients, and we sincerely apologise for any disruption this may cause. Thank you for being a valued part of the BC Bitcoin community. We are committed to providing you with a seamless experience as we navigate through these regulatory changes. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to our customer support team at email@example.com Kind Regards