Bytes of the Month
Issue 2 January 2019
Welcome back to the BC Bitcoin monthly newsletter! Every month we shall be bringing you some of the latest news going on in the Crypto space from the movement of the top coins to some of the most influential events. Be sure to read on to ensure you don’t miss out on any of the latest news.
BC Bitcoin Monthly Crypto Giveaway!
Congratulations to Crypto Girl @sandwest79 the winner of our 200 XRP December giveaway! A big thank you to all those who entered.
Back by popular demand XRP was voted as the coin of choice for our January giveaway. If you would like to be in with a chance of winning simply follow us on Twitter @bc_bitcoin. Like our BC Bitcoin Facebook page, and Like/retweet our giveaway and content.
24hr % Change
1 Week % Change
1 Month % Change
Monthly % Change
*All Values Taken from the 09.01.2019 @ 16:00pm
*Excluding Daily Trading Volumes of Under £250,000.
BC Bitcoin News
Business Cryptocurrency Payments
BC Bitcoin offers businesses the unique opportunity of accepting payments for goods or services in the form of Cryptocurrency. This will increase your reach of potential customers by diversifying the forms of payments you can accept without exposing yourself to the price fluctuations of Cryptocurrencies. You can find out more by clicking the ‘Crypto Services’ tab on our website.
New Coin Listings
BC Bitcoin are excited to announce the listing of the following coins to our platform:
You can find all these coins by heading over to our ‘Buy Coins’ tab so make sure check it out!
Top news of the Month
Boerse Stuttgart Group to Offer BTC & ETH in 2019
The second largest stock exchange in Germany releases plans for an end to end infrastructure for digital assets. The plans come in partnership with SolarisBank, an upcoming technology bank offering a banking as a service platform across Europe. Their plans are to introduce established Cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin and Ethereum first with intentions of increasing their offering. You can find more information on this development through our ‘Articles’ section under ‘Useful Links’ on our site.
Ledger Nano X
Ledger the French start-up has revealed their latest hardware wallet the ledger Nano X. This wallet comes Bluetooth enabled allowing you to send and receive tokens and coins from your phone. This takes away the need to connect your device with a cable to authorise transactions. There’s to be a mobile version of ledger live with all the same feature as the desktop one. This device has the capability of storing up to 100 different crypto assets, a great increase from the 18 on the previous Nano S.
BitTorrent to Introduce Cryptocurrency
BitTorrent the file sharing platform plans to introduce its own Cryptocurrency called the BitTorrent Token (BTT). The token is being developed on the Tron Network and issued by the BitTorrent Foundation. Its development coincides with Project Atlas, a P2P software that provides users with a way to spend and earn cryptocurrency. Hosts who share files could be incentivised as users can pay for more bandwidth to decrease download times.
Binance to use XRP for base pairs
The largest Cryptocurrency exchange by trading volume Binance, adds Ripple XRP as a base trading currency allowing users to trade using their reserves of the asset. Ripple has seen many recent adoptions from exchanges introduces it to their listing in which some are using the currency for all transactions.
Business school to Offer Cryptocurrency and Blockchain MBA
South Korean Seoul School of Integrated Sciences is to start offering a Master of Business Administration with a focus on Cryptocurrencies and Blockchain technology. The school has described the program as a master’s degree in blockchain, Cryptoeconomics and token economy that also teaches about Bitcoin, Ethereum and smart contracts along with more. There is a strong need for more coders in which courses relating to Cryptocurrencies and blockchain will help increase awareness and adoption.
Let us know what you think
At BC Bitcoin we are committed to the innovation and improvement of our services and platform and value your opinion. So, let us know if you have any feedback or would like to see any additions to our newsletter or services.
Dear valued BC Bitcoin UK Clients,
I hope this email finds you well. We are reaching out to inform you of some significant changes to our services that directly impact our operations within the United Kingdom. Regrettably, due to the recent regulatory developments introduced by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and the implementation of the new Financial Promotions Regime, BC Bitcoin is no longer able to offer our services to clients based in the UK. This very difficult decision is in compliance with the regulatory framework and ensures that we uphold the highest standards of transparency and legality. You can view the FCA publication here: https://www.fca.org.uk/publication/finalised-guidance/fg23-3.pdf As a result, we would like to inform you of the following changes and provide guidance on how to manage your assets with BC Bitcoin:
1. **Service Termination for UK Clients:**BC Bitcoin will no longer be able to accept new purchase orders from clients residing in the United Kingdom.
2. **Continued Operation Outside the UK:**Despite the changes within the UK, BC Bitcoin will continue to operate outside of the UK as normal. Our services will remain unaffected for clients in other regions.
3. **Withdrawal of Assets:**For our UK clients holding assets with BC Bitcoin, we want to assure you that your assets are secure. You have the option to safely withdraw your assets or exchange them to GBP or EUR and subsequently withdraw. We have streamlined the withdrawal process to ensure convenience for our clients.
4. **Conversion of Assets:**To convert your Holdings to fiat please log in to your BC Bitcoin account and submit a sell order for the amount of coin you hold with us. During the process you will shown how much you will receive and asked the bank details you wish to receive payment to. In addition, you can request the conversion by emailing email@example.com from your registered email address. If you encounter any issues or require assistance, our customer support team is ready to help you throughout the process.
5. **Withdrawal Procedure:**To initiate a withdrawal, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org from your registered email address. You may be asked some security questions to verify your identity. If you encounter any issues or require assistance, our customer support team is ready to help you throughout the process. These changes are effective immediately, and we appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this transitional period. We understand that this may be an inconvenience for our UK clients, and we sincerely apologise for any disruption this may cause. Thank you for being a valued part of the BC Bitcoin community. We are committed to providing you with a seamless experience as we navigate through these regulatory changes. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to our customer support team at email@example.com Kind Regards