Chinese Bitcoin Miners Stop Operations Amid Rain-Induced Mudslides
By Tyler Smith – Crypto Investor
Heavy rainfall in China’s Sichuan province has caused both land and mudslides that forced some of the local hydropower plants and Bitcoin miners to halt their operations. As China is the largest miner of Bitcoin, this has affected the Hash power on the network. A drop in Hash rate could result in some users buying Bitcoin and withdrawing coin, incurring delays.
According to social media posts of the local government on Tuesday, the Aba prefecture in Sichuan has been drenched in heavy rain since Monday with landslides affecting over 17 counties in the area. The Wenchuan county appears to have suffered the most from the drastic weather conditions. A report from the China Daily said that mudflows have disrupted the local communications infrastructure and power supply that led to the death of seven people.
An anonymous mining farm operator shared an on-site video clip with CoinDesk showing some of the mining equipment in Wenchuan covered in mud. Many of these miners won’t have the opportunity to mine and cash out Bitcoin for profit and could also lead to the difficulty readjusting down as less entities fight to complete the algorithm. as Hash Rate falls and
The mining operator further stated that the heavy rainfall resulted in large amounts of water being collected in reservoirs used by local power plants that forced many stations in Aba to stop producing electricity, leading to a power shortage and affecting mining farms in the short run. Cheap hydroelectricity attracted these mining operations due to the potential profit instead of buying and selling Bitcoin but doesn’t come without risk.
Hydro-energy company listed on the Shanghai Stock Exchange, Sichuan Minjiang, said Wednesday that three of its power plants have already ceased operations, whereas another one is filled with water. We could see further Hash rate drops if more mining farms are affected in China.
You can sell Bitcoin UK through our platform, your trusted Bitcoin broker, so ensure you check us out!
Dear valued BC Bitcoin UK Clients,
I hope this email finds you well. We are reaching out to inform you of some significant changes to our services that directly impact our operations within the United Kingdom. Regrettably, due to the recent regulatory developments introduced by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and the implementation of the new Financial Promotions Regime, BC Bitcoin is no longer able to offer our services to clients based in the UK. This very difficult decision is in compliance with the regulatory framework and ensures that we uphold the highest standards of transparency and legality. You can view the FCA publication here: https://www.fca.org.uk/publication/finalised-guidance/fg23-3.pdf As a result, we would like to inform you of the following changes and provide guidance on how to manage your assets with BC Bitcoin:
1. **Service Termination for UK Clients:**BC Bitcoin will no longer be able to accept new purchase orders from clients residing in the United Kingdom.
2. **Continued Operation Outside the UK:**Despite the changes within the UK, BC Bitcoin will continue to operate outside of the UK as normal. Our services will remain unaffected for clients in other regions.
3. **Withdrawal of Assets:**For our UK clients holding assets with BC Bitcoin, we want to assure you that your assets are secure. You have the option to safely withdraw your assets or exchange them to GBP or EUR and subsequently withdraw. We have streamlined the withdrawal process to ensure convenience for our clients.
4. **Conversion of Assets:**To convert your Holdings to fiat please log in to your BC Bitcoin account and submit a sell order for the amount of coin you hold with us. During the process you will shown how much you will receive and asked the bank details you wish to receive payment to. In addition, you can request the conversion by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org from your registered email address. If you encounter any issues or require assistance, our customer support team is ready to help you throughout the process.
5. **Withdrawal Procedure:**To initiate a withdrawal, please email your request to email@example.com from your registered email address. You may be asked some security questions to verify your identity. If you encounter any issues or require assistance, our customer support team is ready to help you throughout the process. These changes are effective immediately, and we appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this transitional period. We understand that this may be an inconvenience for our UK clients, and we sincerely apologise for any disruption this may cause. Thank you for being a valued part of the BC Bitcoin community. We are committed to providing you with a seamless experience as we navigate through these regulatory changes. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to our customer support team at firstname.lastname@example.org Kind Regards