CONTROVERSIAL CRYPTOCURRENCY PETRO IS MANDATORY TO BE USED AS PASSPORT FEES
Tyler Smith – Cryptocurrency Investor
After facing a lot of issues with cryptocurrency in Venezuela many businesses, like Burger King, have finally started to accept cryptocurrencies, says cointelegraph. The government announced the ability to use crypto as a conventional payment method and the payments of passports are mandatorily paid in the country’s cryptocurrency, the Petro.
This state-backed cryptocurrency began seeing use on October 5th 2018 for passport fees, an action that would contribute to the value for those that buy and sell cryptocurrency, according to the countries’ Vice President Delcy Rodriguez.
After the official launch of Petro, the government decided that Monday October 8th was the date to start receiving Petros for all passport applications. It will cost applicants 2 Petros ($200) for a new passport or 1 Petro ($100) to extend a current passport. Bloomberg reports that currently the monthly average income of Venezuelans is four times less than the current cost of the passport fee.
Venezuela is now trying to curb the uncontrolled inflation that they are experiencing, along with a failed economy recently labelled embarrassing. The usage of cryptocurrency is essential for the governments plans to increase capital control of the country. However, with 5,000 Venezuelans fleeing the country every day, according to Bloomberg, the country is now introducing an enthusiastic migration police force. The main reason for this is to safeguard the citizen’s security and migratory control.
Dear valued BC Bitcoin UK Clients,
I hope this email finds you well. We are reaching out to inform you of some significant changes to our services that directly impact our operations within the United Kingdom. Regrettably, due to the recent regulatory developments introduced by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and the implementation of the new Financial Promotions Regime, BC Bitcoin is no longer able to offer our services to clients based in the UK. This very difficult decision is in compliance with the regulatory framework and ensures that we uphold the highest standards of transparency and legality. You can view the FCA publication here: https://www.fca.org.uk/publication/finalised-guidance/fg23-3.pdf As a result, we would like to inform you of the following changes and provide guidance on how to manage your assets with BC Bitcoin:
1. **Service Termination for UK Clients:**BC Bitcoin will no longer be able to accept new purchase orders from clients residing in the United Kingdom.
2. **Continued Operation Outside the UK:**Despite the changes within the UK, BC Bitcoin will continue to operate outside of the UK as normal. Our services will remain unaffected for clients in other regions.
3. **Withdrawal of Assets:**For our UK clients holding assets with BC Bitcoin, we want to assure you that your assets are secure. You have the option to safely withdraw your assets or exchange them to GBP or EUR and subsequently withdraw. We have streamlined the withdrawal process to ensure convenience for our clients.
4. **Conversion of Assets:**To convert your Holdings to fiat please log in to your BC Bitcoin account and submit a sell order for the amount of coin you hold with us. During the process you will shown how much you will receive and asked the bank details you wish to receive payment to. In addition, you can request the conversion by emailing email@example.com from your registered email address. If you encounter any issues or require assistance, our customer support team is ready to help you throughout the process.
5. **Withdrawal Procedure:**To initiate a withdrawal, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org from your registered email address. You may be asked some security questions to verify your identity. If you encounter any issues or require assistance, our customer support team is ready to help you throughout the process. These changes are effective immediately, and we appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this transitional period. We understand that this may be an inconvenience for our UK clients, and we sincerely apologise for any disruption this may cause. Thank you for being a valued part of the BC Bitcoin community. We are committed to providing you with a seamless experience as we navigate through these regulatory changes. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to our customer support team at email@example.com Kind Regards