Could Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Enter the Market Sooner Than Expected
By Tyler Smith – Crypto Investor
There have been ongoing rumours that Facebook has been researching and developing their own cryptocurrency with new reports surfacing. The firm has been noted in discussion with exchanges to exchange Bitcoin or sell crypto through their platforms for the ‘Facebook Coin’.
A report released by the New York Times suggests that employees at Facebook are already trying to get the cryptocurrency to the exchanges for the product to be released and available by the first half of the year. By doing so, buying and selling crypto for the Facebook coin becomes possible.
Not many details have been disclosed about the project except that Mark Zuckerberg wants the company to focus on the decentralised properties of cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology. Though decentralisation is a benefit for the users, Facebook is not likely to gain financial benefits from implementing decentralisation.
At the end of last year, it was suggested that Facebook was looking to introduce a stablecoin for their WhatsApp platform. This stablecoin would keep a stable value through smart contract mechanics and the company has since revealed the possibility of integrating a cryptocurrency into both Messenger and Instagram. Users could sell cryptocurrency received through these platforms using the exchanges and potentially in the future, cash out crypto from this through our platform.
Facebook has a user base of over 2bn. That combined with WhatsApp, Messenger and Instagram totals 2.7bn users, a huge audience and exposure to drive the adoption of the new cryptocurrency. With such huge potential, a cryptocurrency released by Facebook will certainly influence the markets.
Head over to our site for the most current news in the cryptocurrency markets. You can also sell Bitcoin UK or cash out crypto to fiat through our platform so check it out!
Dear valued BC Bitcoin UK Clients,
I hope this email finds you well. We are reaching out to inform you of some significant changes to our services that directly impact our operations within the United Kingdom. Regrettably, due to the recent regulatory developments introduced by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and the implementation of the new Financial Promotions Regime, BC Bitcoin is no longer able to offer our services to clients based in the UK. This very difficult decision is in compliance with the regulatory framework and ensures that we uphold the highest standards of transparency and legality. You can view the FCA publication here: https://www.fca.org.uk/publication/finalised-guidance/fg23-3.pdf As a result, we would like to inform you of the following changes and provide guidance on how to manage your assets with BC Bitcoin:
1. **Service Termination for UK Clients:**BC Bitcoin will no longer be able to accept new purchase orders from clients residing in the United Kingdom.
2. **Continued Operation Outside the UK:**Despite the changes within the UK, BC Bitcoin will continue to operate outside of the UK as normal. Our services will remain unaffected for clients in other regions.
3. **Withdrawal of Assets:**For our UK clients holding assets with BC Bitcoin, we want to assure you that your assets are secure. You have the option to safely withdraw your assets or exchange them to GBP or EUR and subsequently withdraw. We have streamlined the withdrawal process to ensure convenience for our clients.
4. **Conversion of Assets:**To convert your Holdings to fiat please log in to your BC Bitcoin account and submit a sell order for the amount of coin you hold with us. During the process you will shown how much you will receive and asked the bank details you wish to receive payment to. In addition, you can request the conversion by emailing email@example.com from your registered email address. If you encounter any issues or require assistance, our customer support team is ready to help you throughout the process.
5. **Withdrawal Procedure:**To initiate a withdrawal, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org from your registered email address. You may be asked some security questions to verify your identity. If you encounter any issues or require assistance, our customer support team is ready to help you throughout the process. These changes are effective immediately, and we appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this transitional period. We understand that this may be an inconvenience for our UK clients, and we sincerely apologise for any disruption this may cause. Thank you for being a valued part of the BC Bitcoin community. We are committed to providing you with a seamless experience as we navigate through these regulatory changes. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to our customer support team at email@example.com Kind Regards