Crypto Leaders Back MIT's Four-Year Plan to Improve Bitcoin's Protection
Cryptocurrency Broker – Ollie
Crypto business leaders are putting their weight behind a long-term project of the MIT Digital Currency Movement to improve Bitcoin's protection.
The Massachusetts Institute of Technology's Digital Currency Program has launched a new "Bitcoin Software and Security Effort" aimed to help research into improving the protections for trading Bitcoin.
The open-source project has gained funding from a diverse community of Crypto business executives, like Gemini's Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss, MicroStrategy CEO Michael Saylor, Square CEO Jack Dorsey, and the leading European digital asset manager, CoinShares.
In a Blog Post announcing the software, DCI said that Bitcoin's growth from an "obscure cryptographic toy" to a stable network that is capable of securing a market cap of $1tn was attributable to the millions of hours spent by open-source developers in developing the project. Coinshares declared a $500,000 contribution to the initiative, and Jean-Marie Mognetti, Chief Executive Officer, indicated that other crypto firms should do the same.
DCI's four-year research and innovation initiative seeks to toughen the network and control the industry's contribution to supporting open-source applications. The blog post stated that the goal of the current DCI initiative is to devote impartial, expert resources to enhancing the reliability of the Bitcoin protocol. Bitcoin's stability is central to the continued development of the technologies underpinning it.
MIT also emphasized the need for the protection of the network to develop and improve alongside increased adoption, noting the difficulty of organising a decentralised network.
In comparison to conventional properties, Bitcoin is a software operating on a decentralised network. The security for investors when buying Bitcoin is dependent on the consistency and robustness of the software and hardware operating it, and on the behaviour of those involved in the network.
In July 2020, DCI researcher James Lovejoy cautioned that 51% of attempts—trying to grab a majority share of nodes and thereby dominate the Bitcoin network—may be more realistic than previously believed.
Most cases up to now, have been dependent on the victims telling us if they've been targeted. Whether this ends in insolvency or lack of consumer money, victims are not active in disclosing that an assault has taken place.
If you’re not sure where to buy Bitcoin and you’re looking to buy and sell cryptocurrency, you can head over to BC Bitcoin for the best website to buy Bitcoin in the UK, so register an account with us and begin investing in cryptocurrency.
Dear valued BC Bitcoin UK Clients,
I hope this email finds you well. We are reaching out to inform you of some significant changes to our services that directly impact our operations within the United Kingdom. Regrettably, due to the recent regulatory developments introduced by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and the implementation of the new Financial Promotions Regime, BC Bitcoin is no longer able to offer our services to clients based in the UK. This very difficult decision is in compliance with the regulatory framework and ensures that we uphold the highest standards of transparency and legality. You can view the FCA publication here: https://www.fca.org.uk/publication/finalised-guidance/fg23-3.pdf As a result, we would like to inform you of the following changes and provide guidance on how to manage your assets with BC Bitcoin:
1. **Service Termination for UK Clients:**BC Bitcoin will no longer be able to accept new purchase orders from clients residing in the United Kingdom.
2. **Continued Operation Outside the UK:**Despite the changes within the UK, BC Bitcoin will continue to operate outside of the UK as normal. Our services will remain unaffected for clients in other regions.
3. **Withdrawal of Assets:**For our UK clients holding assets with BC Bitcoin, we want to assure you that your assets are secure. You have the option to safely withdraw your assets or exchange them to GBP or EUR and subsequently withdraw. We have streamlined the withdrawal process to ensure convenience for our clients.
4. **Conversion of Assets:**To convert your Holdings to fiat please log in to your BC Bitcoin account and submit a sell order for the amount of coin you hold with us. During the process you will shown how much you will receive and asked the bank details you wish to receive payment to. In addition, you can request the conversion by emailing email@example.com from your registered email address. If you encounter any issues or require assistance, our customer support team is ready to help you throughout the process.
5. **Withdrawal Procedure:**To initiate a withdrawal, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org from your registered email address. You may be asked some security questions to verify your identity. If you encounter any issues or require assistance, our customer support team is ready to help you throughout the process. These changes are effective immediately, and we appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this transitional period. We understand that this may be an inconvenience for our UK clients, and we sincerely apologise for any disruption this may cause. Thank you for being a valued part of the BC Bitcoin community. We are committed to providing you with a seamless experience as we navigate through these regulatory changes. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to our customer support team at email@example.com Kind Regards