Dispute Between Steem And Hive Resulting In 17.6 M Freezing Of Assets
By Tyler Smith – Crypto Investor
The tension has escalated between STEEM and former Witnesses as Steem executed a Soft Fork resulting in the freezing of accounts holding 17.5 Million Steem coins, worth roughly between $3.1 to $3.2 million at time of writing. This equates to 5% of the total supply which is not good news for people buying and selling cryptocurrency on this chain as it could cause issues in demand.
Softfork 0.22.888 was proposed on April 4th. This resulted in STEEM blocking approximately the top 20 ranked accounts that met the necessary criteria.
Threats to Steem Blockchain,
The Steem network needed community support to enable the soft fork in which the author stated the need to protect Steem and found that 50% of witnesses were using version 0.23 prior to Hardfork, claiming it be a hostile version.
Hive within hour nosedives 50%
On April 6th, the price of HIVE suddenly crashed 50% over the space of a single hour. Consolidating at approximately $0.12 with the daily volume of HIVE roughly standing at $575.000. An increase of approximately 4266% on the previous days daily volume.
You can buy and sell crypto such as STEEM on our site by heading over to the ‘Buy Coins’ or ‘Sell Coins’ page. You can feel secure when you buy STEEM from a trusted broker along with all the other cryptocurrencies in our extensive catalogue with competitive rates.
Dear valued BC Bitcoin UK Clients,
I hope this email finds you well. We are reaching out to inform you of some significant changes to our services that directly impact our operations within the United Kingdom. Regrettably, due to the recent regulatory developments introduced by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and the implementation of the new Financial Promotions Regime, BC Bitcoin is no longer able to offer our services to clients based in the UK. This very difficult decision is in compliance with the regulatory framework and ensures that we uphold the highest standards of transparency and legality. You can view the FCA publication here: https://www.fca.org.uk/publication/finalised-guidance/fg23-3.pdf As a result, we would like to inform you of the following changes and provide guidance on how to manage your assets with BC Bitcoin:
1. **Service Termination for UK Clients:**BC Bitcoin will no longer be able to accept new purchase orders from clients residing in the United Kingdom.
2. **Continued Operation Outside the UK:**Despite the changes within the UK, BC Bitcoin will continue to operate outside of the UK as normal. Our services will remain unaffected for clients in other regions.
3. **Withdrawal of Assets:**For our UK clients holding assets with BC Bitcoin, we want to assure you that your assets are secure. You have the option to safely withdraw your assets or exchange them to GBP or EUR and subsequently withdraw. We have streamlined the withdrawal process to ensure convenience for our clients.
4. **Conversion of Assets:**To convert your Holdings to fiat please log in to your BC Bitcoin account and submit a sell order for the amount of coin you hold with us. During the process you will shown how much you will receive and asked the bank details you wish to receive payment to. In addition, you can request the conversion by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org from your registered email address. If you encounter any issues or require assistance, our customer support team is ready to help you throughout the process.
5. **Withdrawal Procedure:**To initiate a withdrawal, please email your request to email@example.com from your registered email address. You may be asked some security questions to verify your identity. If you encounter any issues or require assistance, our customer support team is ready to help you throughout the process. These changes are effective immediately, and we appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this transitional period. We understand that this may be an inconvenience for our UK clients, and we sincerely apologise for any disruption this may cause. Thank you for being a valued part of the BC Bitcoin community. We are committed to providing you with a seamless experience as we navigate through these regulatory changes. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to our customer support team at firstname.lastname@example.org Kind Regards