GMO Internet Is Scheduled To Launch A Japanese Yen-Backed Cryptocurrency
GMO Internet has announced preparations to launch a Japanese Yen-backed cryptocurrency as reported through their website news section. The stablecoin is to be developed with the intention of entering payment services in the cryptocurrency sector allowing people to buy crypto that is less volatile and can trust for commercial use.
Stablecoins are cryptocurrencies that are generally backed by legal currencies but can also be backed by commodities such as precious metals. There are even some stable coins in development which are backed by a basket of other cryptocurrencies. GMO’s stable coin will be backed by the Japanese Yen using the ticker symbol of ‘GJY’.
GMO has shown interest in the crypto sector as they have positioned their business strategies and engaged in cryptocurrency exchange and mining as of 2017. With the release of the Yen-backed stable coin, GMO can support borderless crypto transactions allowing the company to buy and sell cryptocurrency internationally.
The total market capitalisation of stablecoins has reached over three billion dollars and the transaction volume of Tether is the second highest of all behind Bitcoin. This suggests investors trust buying crypto that has mechanics to stabilise its price. These coins are more likely to become adopted for commercial use than a coin that is volatile and fluctuates in price.
GMO believes that stablecoins have the potential to become the global-standard for the innovative financial infrastructure. There have recently been a few new stablecoins that have entered the market such as Circles USDC, Paxos Standard Token and the Gemini Dollar which have taken a considerable share of the market. There’s potential for more to buy crypto and get involved from these coins as the goal of the industry is to create a trusted currency that improves on the shortcomings of the traditional financial industry.
Ensure you check out BC Bitcoin to keep yourself up to date on all the latest informative news or to buy Crypto UK!
Dear valued BC Bitcoin UK Clients,
I hope this email finds you well. We are reaching out to inform you of some significant changes to our services that directly impact our operations within the United Kingdom. Regrettably, due to the recent regulatory developments introduced by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and the implementation of the new Financial Promotions Regime, BC Bitcoin is no longer able to offer our services to clients based in the UK. This very difficult decision is in compliance with the regulatory framework and ensures that we uphold the highest standards of transparency and legality. You can view the FCA publication here: https://www.fca.org.uk/publication/finalised-guidance/fg23-3.pdf As a result, we would like to inform you of the following changes and provide guidance on how to manage your assets with BC Bitcoin:
1. **Service Termination for UK Clients:**BC Bitcoin will no longer be able to accept new purchase orders from clients residing in the United Kingdom.
2. **Continued Operation Outside the UK:**Despite the changes within the UK, BC Bitcoin will continue to operate outside of the UK as normal. Our services will remain unaffected for clients in other regions.
3. **Withdrawal of Assets:**For our UK clients holding assets with BC Bitcoin, we want to assure you that your assets are secure. You have the option to safely withdraw your assets or exchange them to GBP or EUR and subsequently withdraw. We have streamlined the withdrawal process to ensure convenience for our clients.
4. **Conversion of Assets:**To convert your Holdings to fiat please log in to your BC Bitcoin account and submit a sell order for the amount of coin you hold with us. During the process you will shown how much you will receive and asked the bank details you wish to receive payment to. In addition, you can request the conversion by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org from your registered email address. If you encounter any issues or require assistance, our customer support team is ready to help you throughout the process.
5. **Withdrawal Procedure:**To initiate a withdrawal, please email your request to email@example.com from your registered email address. You may be asked some security questions to verify your identity. If you encounter any issues or require assistance, our customer support team is ready to help you throughout the process. These changes are effective immediately, and we appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this transitional period. We understand that this may be an inconvenience for our UK clients, and we sincerely apologise for any disruption this may cause. Thank you for being a valued part of the BC Bitcoin community. We are committed to providing you with a seamless experience as we navigate through these regulatory changes. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to our customer support team at firstname.lastname@example.org Kind Regards