Native American Activism: Using Divestment as a Strategy
By Luke Flowers – Crypto Specialist
Although the Dakota Access Pipeline wasn’t stopped from being built, Standing Rock became a worldwide protest with people coming together to support indigenous people and their rights. When they could stand no longer, they used divestment as a tactic. They found that 17 banks were funding the project and supporters took their money out, holding the companies accountable for engaging in this activity. Buying crypto may have been one of the ways they could have divested had it been available.
Crypto buying is raising concerns to the fundamental models of traditional banks by taking out the financial middleman. Making money on fees and using the money to lend to others with interest, you can see how people want another option to store their money.
This is where buying and selling bitcoin can challenge our economy and with technology evolving many traditional industries now have competition. People adopting these new ways and distancing themselves from traditional banking could force the banks to change the way they operate. If our savings are kept in Crypto it then gives the banks a smaller pool of money to lend from. If we buy using Crypto then they make less money on debit fees. With Crypto using blockchain technology, it is a permanent record whereas traditional banking is open to manipulation held in a central hub. You can start to see how changing the way we use our money can encourage the more old-fashioned businesses to become more transparent through fear of becoming obsolete.
At BC Bitcoin, we can help you create your own divestment protest or crypto portfolio by showing you how to buy bitcoin and other digital currencies as the UK’s most trusted bitcoin broker.
Dear valued BC Bitcoin UK Clients,
I hope this email finds you well. We are reaching out to inform you of some significant changes to our services that directly impact our operations within the United Kingdom. Regrettably, due to the recent regulatory developments introduced by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and the implementation of the new Financial Promotions Regime, BC Bitcoin is no longer able to offer our services to clients based in the UK. This very difficult decision is in compliance with the regulatory framework and ensures that we uphold the highest standards of transparency and legality. You can view the FCA publication here: https://www.fca.org.uk/publication/finalised-guidance/fg23-3.pdf As a result, we would like to inform you of the following changes and provide guidance on how to manage your assets with BC Bitcoin:
1. **Service Termination for UK Clients:**BC Bitcoin will no longer be able to accept new purchase orders from clients residing in the United Kingdom.
2. **Continued Operation Outside the UK:**Despite the changes within the UK, BC Bitcoin will continue to operate outside of the UK as normal. Our services will remain unaffected for clients in other regions.
3. **Withdrawal of Assets:**For our UK clients holding assets with BC Bitcoin, we want to assure you that your assets are secure. You have the option to safely withdraw your assets or exchange them to GBP or EUR and subsequently withdraw. We have streamlined the withdrawal process to ensure convenience for our clients.
4. **Conversion of Assets:**To convert your Holdings to fiat please log in to your BC Bitcoin account and submit a sell order for the amount of coin you hold with us. During the process you will shown how much you will receive and asked the bank details you wish to receive payment to. In addition, you can request the conversion by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org from your registered email address. If you encounter any issues or require assistance, our customer support team is ready to help you throughout the process.
5. **Withdrawal Procedure:**To initiate a withdrawal, please email your request to email@example.com from your registered email address. You may be asked some security questions to verify your identity. If you encounter any issues or require assistance, our customer support team is ready to help you throughout the process. These changes are effective immediately, and we appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this transitional period. We understand that this may be an inconvenience for our UK clients, and we sincerely apologise for any disruption this may cause. Thank you for being a valued part of the BC Bitcoin community. We are committed to providing you with a seamless experience as we navigate through these regulatory changes. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to our customer support team at firstname.lastname@example.org Kind Regards