By Jamie G - Crypto Professional - 30-07-2021
In the cryptocurrency trading industry, women are reported to be underrepresented. As cryptocurrency and DeFi addresses more services and products, many believe this gender-gap could be solved with nonfungible token (NFT) projects.
The founder and host of Women in Blockchain Talks, Lavinia Osbourne, states that nonfungible tokens may provide a gateway for like-minded women looking to enter an industry mostly powered by men like crypto and blockchain.
Ever since March 2020, at the beginning of Covid lockdowns, the dilemma left many in financial uncertainty. According to Osbourne, one prime example is that many people had to face unemployment. The tragedy that led more and more people to look to online sources has pushed many women towards investing in cryptocurrency after leaving their careers.
Lavinia talks about how the surge in popularity and media coverage of NFTs and cryptocurrency investments 2021 had made the entire industry more relatable to creative and artistic individuals.
Osbourne said, "I think NFTs are a good pathway to entice people into the space."
Osbourne’s claims were confirmed by the success of an NFT project recently established by That '70s Show and Family Guy star Mila Kunis.
Mila Kunis started her crypto project in the peak of the pandemic and she described the industry as a "very masculine area." However, she didn’t let the gender dominance phase her and later pioneered the NFT project Stoner Cats, which featured famous people from Hollywood and the crypto space. As of writing, Mila sold 10,420 NFTs in under 35 minutes earlier this week alone.
Osbourne stated that, even with women joining the NFT industry, there was still a shortage of women in crypto and blockchain technology companies. Lavinia noted that women make up around 34% of those working in the tech business but only 12% of those working in blockchain.
If you are looking to Buy and Sell cryptocurrency, but you’re not sure where to start investing in Bitcoin (BTC) and other popular crypto; you can head over to BC Bitcoin where you can safely start investing today.
Dear valued BC Bitcoin UK Clients,
I hope this email finds you well. We are reaching out to inform you of some significant changes to our services that directly impact our operations within the United Kingdom. Regrettably, due to the recent regulatory developments introduced by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and the implementation of the new Financial Promotions Regime, BC Bitcoin is no longer able to offer our services to clients based in the UK. This very difficult decision is in compliance with the regulatory framework and ensures that we uphold the highest standards of transparency and legality. You can view the FCA publication here: https://www.fca.org.uk/publication/finalised-guidance/fg23-3.pdf As a result, we would like to inform you of the following changes and provide guidance on how to manage your assets with BC Bitcoin:
1. **Service Termination for UK Clients:**BC Bitcoin will no longer be able to accept new purchase orders from clients residing in the United Kingdom.
2. **Continued Operation Outside the UK:**Despite the changes within the UK, BC Bitcoin will continue to operate outside of the UK as normal. Our services will remain unaffected for clients in other regions.
3. **Withdrawal of Assets:**For our UK clients holding assets with BC Bitcoin, we want to assure you that your assets are secure. You have the option to safely withdraw your assets or exchange them to GBP or EUR and subsequently withdraw. We have streamlined the withdrawal process to ensure convenience for our clients.
4. **Conversion of Assets:**To convert your Holdings to fiat please log in to your BC Bitcoin account and submit a sell order for the amount of coin you hold with us. During the process you will shown how much you will receive and asked the bank details you wish to receive payment to. In addition, you can request the conversion by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org from your registered email address. If you encounter any issues or require assistance, our customer support team is ready to help you throughout the process.
5. **Withdrawal Procedure:**To initiate a withdrawal, please email your request to email@example.com from your registered email address. You may be asked some security questions to verify your identity. If you encounter any issues or require assistance, our customer support team is ready to help you throughout the process. These changes are effective immediately, and we appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this transitional period. We understand that this may be an inconvenience for our UK clients, and we sincerely apologise for any disruption this may cause. Thank you for being a valued part of the BC Bitcoin community. We are committed to providing you with a seamless experience as we navigate through these regulatory changes. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to our customer support team at firstname.lastname@example.org Kind Regards