OKEx Donates $4.5M to Insurance Fund After Skipping Warren Buffett Lunch
By Tyler Smith – Cryptocurrency Expert
The Malta-based crypto exchange, OKEx just donated about $4.5 million in BTC to its insurance fund as compensation for skipping the Warren Buffett Power Lunch.
On July 23rd, in a press release shared along with Cointelegraph, OKEx showed its contribution to the perpetual swap market exchange, in which the amount is similar to what Justin Sun of the Tron Foundation paid when he scheduled to have lunch with Warren Buffett before moving the date due to complications with his kidney stones. The insurance fund will sell Bitcoin to develop their fund.
Many big names have donated crypto to good causes. Though this is positive publicity for the technology, they must buy Bitcoin or crypto first increasing demand to then the charity will cash out crypto to fund their cause which suppresses the value.
OKEx head of operations, Andy Cheung spoke about the contribution saying that "the Power Lunch is a crucial step to advocate the value of blockchain, cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Ethereum and more, as well as digital assets to traditional Wall Street finance leaders." OKEx hopes the lunch will encourage these institutions to buy and sell Bitcoin or crypto to increase the efficiency of their operation.
Cheung went on to state they wish to support blockchain development in their unique way whilst putting the customer first. This led to OKEx placing their resources where the customer will benefit.
OKEx explains that the introduction of the insurance fund is to reduce uncertainty and trading risk as the user is able to reduce the impact of loss.
Head on over to our platform to buy and sell Bitcoin UK as well as popular altcoins such as Ethereum, XRP, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin and others so make sure you check us out.
Dear valued BC Bitcoin UK Clients,
I hope this email finds you well. We are reaching out to inform you of some significant changes to our services that directly impact our operations within the United Kingdom. Regrettably, due to the recent regulatory developments introduced by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and the implementation of the new Financial Promotions Regime, BC Bitcoin is no longer able to offer our services to clients based in the UK. This very difficult decision is in compliance with the regulatory framework and ensures that we uphold the highest standards of transparency and legality. You can view the FCA publication here: https://www.fca.org.uk/publication/finalised-guidance/fg23-3.pdf As a result, we would like to inform you of the following changes and provide guidance on how to manage your assets with BC Bitcoin:
1. **Service Termination for UK Clients:**BC Bitcoin will no longer be able to accept new purchase orders from clients residing in the United Kingdom.
2. **Continued Operation Outside the UK:**Despite the changes within the UK, BC Bitcoin will continue to operate outside of the UK as normal. Our services will remain unaffected for clients in other regions.
3. **Withdrawal of Assets:**For our UK clients holding assets with BC Bitcoin, we want to assure you that your assets are secure. You have the option to safely withdraw your assets or exchange them to GBP or EUR and subsequently withdraw. We have streamlined the withdrawal process to ensure convenience for our clients.
4. **Conversion of Assets:**To convert your Holdings to fiat please log in to your BC Bitcoin account and submit a sell order for the amount of coin you hold with us. During the process you will shown how much you will receive and asked the bank details you wish to receive payment to. In addition, you can request the conversion by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org from your registered email address. If you encounter any issues or require assistance, our customer support team is ready to help you throughout the process.
5. **Withdrawal Procedure:**To initiate a withdrawal, please email your request to email@example.com from your registered email address. You may be asked some security questions to verify your identity. If you encounter any issues or require assistance, our customer support team is ready to help you throughout the process. These changes are effective immediately, and we appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this transitional period. We understand that this may be an inconvenience for our UK clients, and we sincerely apologise for any disruption this may cause. Thank you for being a valued part of the BC Bitcoin community. We are committed to providing you with a seamless experience as we navigate through these regulatory changes. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to our customer support team at firstname.lastname@example.org Kind Regards