By Luke F - Cryptocurrency Dealer - 11-08-2021
In recent crypto news, the infamous Poly Network hacker is surprisingly returning all of the stolen Bitcoin (BTC) funds and has requested a safe multisig wallet.
The Poly Network hacker has stated his want to refund to everyone the stolen crypto market investments after taking $600-million from the cross-chain protocol Poly Network. The thief, now known only as "the Poly Network hacker," submitted a transaction using Ethereum (ETH) to themselves. However, within the transaction's reference embedded a simple message stating "ready to return the fund", this transaction took place on Wednesday, around 4:00 a.m. UTC.
Within a separate message dedicated to the Poly Network, the hacker stated that they didn't have the necessary tools to restore the funds. They requested a multisig wallet to return the Bitcoin funds after failing to connect to the Poly Network. In a Twitter update on the official Poly Network account, they stated that they are providing three unique wallet addresses so the hacker can return the stolen funds.
Due to the sincerity of the hacker wanting to return the mass fortune of money to the network, it's believed that the individual is actually an ethical hacker. A cross-chain developer initiative, O3 Labs, has speculated that this ethical hacker could be what's known as a white-hat hacker, someone who hacks systems for the sole purpose of ensuring security. Aside from sending back investments in Bitcoin, reportedly, the hacker also returned $2.65 million in Shiba Inu (SHIB) and Fei (Fei) tokens.
Dear valued BC Bitcoin UK Clients,
I hope this email finds you well. We are reaching out to inform you of some significant changes to our services that directly impact our operations within the United Kingdom. Regrettably, due to the recent regulatory developments introduced by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and the implementation of the new Financial Promotions Regime, BC Bitcoin is no longer able to offer our services to clients based in the UK. This very difficult decision is in compliance with the regulatory framework and ensures that we uphold the highest standards of transparency and legality. You can view the FCA publication here: https://www.fca.org.uk/publication/finalised-guidance/fg23-3.pdf As a result, we would like to inform you of the following changes and provide guidance on how to manage your assets with BC Bitcoin:
1. **Service Termination for UK Clients:**BC Bitcoin will no longer be able to accept new purchase orders from clients residing in the United Kingdom.
2. **Continued Operation Outside the UK:**Despite the changes within the UK, BC Bitcoin will continue to operate outside of the UK as normal. Our services will remain unaffected for clients in other regions.
3. **Withdrawal of Assets:**For our UK clients holding assets with BC Bitcoin, we want to assure you that your assets are secure. You have the option to safely withdraw your assets or exchange them to GBP or EUR and subsequently withdraw. We have streamlined the withdrawal process to ensure convenience for our clients.
4. **Conversion of Assets:**To convert your Holdings to fiat please log in to your BC Bitcoin account and submit a sell order for the amount of coin you hold with us. During the process you will shown how much you will receive and asked the bank details you wish to receive payment to. In addition, you can request the conversion by emailing email@example.com from your registered email address. If you encounter any issues or require assistance, our customer support team is ready to help you throughout the process.
5. **Withdrawal Procedure:**To initiate a withdrawal, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org from your registered email address. You may be asked some security questions to verify your identity. If you encounter any issues or require assistance, our customer support team is ready to help you throughout the process. These changes are effective immediately, and we appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this transitional period. We understand that this may be an inconvenience for our UK clients, and we sincerely apologise for any disruption this may cause. Thank you for being a valued part of the BC Bitcoin community. We are committed to providing you with a seamless experience as we navigate through these regulatory changes. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to our customer support team at email@example.com Kind Regards