The Top Firms in Crypto Valley Have Increased Their Valuation By 680% since Mid-2020
Bitcoin Enthusiast - Luke
Given the Covid-19 pandemic, Switzerland's Crypto Valley continues to expand, with its top 50 firms rising in size by more than $200 billion in less than a year.
The study collected by the Swiss venture capital group has shown that the valuation of the largest fifty companies working in the country's famous Crypto Valley has risen by 680% since July 2020.
The Top 50 Study, taken from Zug's Crypto Valley Venture Capital or CV VC, showed that the Valley's 50 biggest firms increased in size from $37.5 billion in July 2020 to $254.9 billion in February 2021. The study analysed companies working in the Swiss canton of Zug (AKA Crypto Valley) and revealed that the proportion of blockchain firms in the area has risen from 4.4% to 960 since July.
Over the same time, the number of workers employed in the digital currency industry in the area rose by 8.5% to 5.184.
Despite local fears that the sector will collapse because of the coronavirus pandemic, the study showed that the valley had endured the crisis, with Mathias Ruch, CEO and founder of CV VC, asserting stated that "New start-ups are continuously being founded and actively choosing Crypto Valley as their home."
Switzerland has long become a centre of operation for blockchain and crypto start-ups thanks to the country's friendly regulations. The author of the paper, Ralf Kubli, said: "Switzerland boasts one of the world's most advanced Blockchain legislations… Created a strong and solid foundation for the future prosperity of Crypto Valley."
The news in September 2020 announced that Swiss residents and businesses headquartered in Zug will be capable of paying up to CHF 100 000 (approximately $108,750) of their taxes in Bitcoin or Ethereum from February 2021.
If you are unsure on how to trade cryptocurrency, check our “coin trading” guide to begin crypto trading today.
Dear valued BC Bitcoin UK Clients,
I hope this email finds you well. We are reaching out to inform you of some significant changes to our services that directly impact our operations within the United Kingdom. Regrettably, due to the recent regulatory developments introduced by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and the implementation of the new Financial Promotions Regime, BC Bitcoin is no longer able to offer our services to clients based in the UK. This very difficult decision is in compliance with the regulatory framework and ensures that we uphold the highest standards of transparency and legality. You can view the FCA publication here: https://www.fca.org.uk/publication/finalised-guidance/fg23-3.pdf As a result, we would like to inform you of the following changes and provide guidance on how to manage your assets with BC Bitcoin:
1. **Service Termination for UK Clients:**BC Bitcoin will no longer be able to accept new purchase orders from clients residing in the United Kingdom.
2. **Continued Operation Outside the UK:**Despite the changes within the UK, BC Bitcoin will continue to operate outside of the UK as normal. Our services will remain unaffected for clients in other regions.
3. **Withdrawal of Assets:**For our UK clients holding assets with BC Bitcoin, we want to assure you that your assets are secure. You have the option to safely withdraw your assets or exchange them to GBP or EUR and subsequently withdraw. We have streamlined the withdrawal process to ensure convenience for our clients.
4. **Conversion of Assets:**To convert your Holdings to fiat please log in to your BC Bitcoin account and submit a sell order for the amount of coin you hold with us. During the process you will shown how much you will receive and asked the bank details you wish to receive payment to. In addition, you can request the conversion by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org from your registered email address. If you encounter any issues or require assistance, our customer support team is ready to help you throughout the process.
5. **Withdrawal Procedure:**To initiate a withdrawal, please email your request to email@example.com from your registered email address. You may be asked some security questions to verify your identity. If you encounter any issues or require assistance, our customer support team is ready to help you throughout the process. These changes are effective immediately, and we appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this transitional period. We understand that this may be an inconvenience for our UK clients, and we sincerely apologise for any disruption this may cause. Thank you for being a valued part of the BC Bitcoin community. We are committed to providing you with a seamless experience as we navigate through these regulatory changes. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to our customer support team at firstname.lastname@example.org Kind Regards