Ukraine Authorities Seize Crypto Mining Equipment From Nuclear Power Plant
By Luke Flowers – Cryptocurrency Broker
Ukraine's top counterintelligence and law-enforcement agency located and seized crypto mining equipment from a nuclear power plant site. This equipment could have been used to mine and sell Bitcoin using the illegal electricity.
Local media reports say that the Security Service of Ukraine (SBU) confiscated a motherboard, six Radeon RX 470 GPU video cards, a USB and a hard drive, power supplies and extension cords, as well as cooling units that were installed in the South Ukrainian Nuclear Power Plant on July 10.
Every one of these items was found in a single office room, No. 104, located in the administrative wing that is separate from the power facility that belongs to the state-owned Energoatom enterprise. Evidence suggests that it could have been a single user that set up the rig.
Given that the power plant is registered as a state secret, withholding, storing or using outside computer equipment is forbidden within the premises.
Ukraine branch’s National Guard on the same day uncovered more crypto mining equipment from the same power plant. Over 7 hard drives, 16 GPU video cards, a router, and 2 solid-state drives were uncovered.
Instead of CPUs, more specialised equipment has come in favour of the crypto mining community such as ASICs. These computers can mine more efficiently increases the chance the user will receive and cash out Bitcoin. Many CPU’s and GPUs cannot compete.
It’s not known at this time what type of coins were mined nor if they tried to cash out crypto as the SBU refused to comment at press time.
You can sell Bitcoin UK over on our platform along with cashing out crypto so ensure you check us out.
Dear valued BC Bitcoin UK Clients,
I hope this email finds you well. We are reaching out to inform you of some significant changes to our services that directly impact our operations within the United Kingdom. Regrettably, due to the recent regulatory developments introduced by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and the implementation of the new Financial Promotions Regime, BC Bitcoin is no longer able to offer our services to clients based in the UK. This very difficult decision is in compliance with the regulatory framework and ensures that we uphold the highest standards of transparency and legality. You can view the FCA publication here: https://www.fca.org.uk/publication/finalised-guidance/fg23-3.pdf As a result, we would like to inform you of the following changes and provide guidance on how to manage your assets with BC Bitcoin:
1. **Service Termination for UK Clients:**BC Bitcoin will no longer be able to accept new purchase orders from clients residing in the United Kingdom.
2. **Continued Operation Outside the UK:**Despite the changes within the UK, BC Bitcoin will continue to operate outside of the UK as normal. Our services will remain unaffected for clients in other regions.
3. **Withdrawal of Assets:**For our UK clients holding assets with BC Bitcoin, we want to assure you that your assets are secure. You have the option to safely withdraw your assets or exchange them to GBP or EUR and subsequently withdraw. We have streamlined the withdrawal process to ensure convenience for our clients.
4. **Conversion of Assets:**To convert your Holdings to fiat please log in to your BC Bitcoin account and submit a sell order for the amount of coin you hold with us. During the process you will shown how much you will receive and asked the bank details you wish to receive payment to. In addition, you can request the conversion by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org from your registered email address. If you encounter any issues or require assistance, our customer support team is ready to help you throughout the process.
5. **Withdrawal Procedure:**To initiate a withdrawal, please email your request to email@example.com from your registered email address. You may be asked some security questions to verify your identity. If you encounter any issues or require assistance, our customer support team is ready to help you throughout the process. These changes are effective immediately, and we appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this transitional period. We understand that this may be an inconvenience for our UK clients, and we sincerely apologise for any disruption this may cause. Thank you for being a valued part of the BC Bitcoin community. We are committed to providing you with a seamless experience as we navigate through these regulatory changes. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to our customer support team at firstname.lastname@example.org Kind Regards