US Congressman Says XRP is an Actual Cryptocurrency Unlike Libra
By Tyler Smith – Cryptocurrency Broker
The XRP community can be overjoyed to know that Republican Party Congressman, Ted Budd of North Carolina, called XRP an actual cryptocurrency along with BTC and ETH, naming them in the order of the market cap value. Endorsement from a congressman could impact the markets positively encouraging more to buy and sell Bitcoin.
However, the congressman doesn't regard Libra in the same manner as the others.
The US Could Lose Financial Leadership if Libra Isn't Launched, stated Zuckerberg in his testimony in the US Congress while facing a wave of criticism from US lawmakers.
It was here that Ted Budd, a North Carolina Congressman stated that Libra isn't an actual cryptocurrency whereas Bitcoin, Ethereum and XRP are.
Zuckerberg, in retaliation, stated that if Libra doesn't get support from the US government, the entire nation's financial leadership won't be guaranteed. Zuckerberg apparently was referring to the Chinese digital currency, known simply as the "China Coin," which is right now being tested by China's Central Bank (PBOC) which is pegged to the yuan. Chinese citizens could then buy and sell cryptocurrency pegged to the yuan for daily activities.
When asked what role will Facebook play should the Libra Association decide on launching the coin regardless of the regulatory approval, Zuckerberg said that Facebook will depart from the Association. Facebook has been scrutinised in the past for potential control and authority over the blockchain.
@CryptoBull2020, one of the active XRP community members tweeted that he remains bullish on the XRP price and thinks by the end of 2019, it will hit an all-time high of $10. Many would need to buy XRP for the price to reach this high of level in which the all time high for XRP stands at less than a third of this prediction.
You can buy XRP over on our platform as well as buy Bitcoin UK through your local cryptocurrency broker
Dear valued BC Bitcoin UK Clients,
I hope this email finds you well. We are reaching out to inform you of some significant changes to our services that directly impact our operations within the United Kingdom. Regrettably, due to the recent regulatory developments introduced by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and the implementation of the new Financial Promotions Regime, BC Bitcoin is no longer able to offer our services to clients based in the UK. This very difficult decision is in compliance with the regulatory framework and ensures that we uphold the highest standards of transparency and legality. You can view the FCA publication here: https://www.fca.org.uk/publication/finalised-guidance/fg23-3.pdf As a result, we would like to inform you of the following changes and provide guidance on how to manage your assets with BC Bitcoin:
1. **Service Termination for UK Clients:**BC Bitcoin will no longer be able to accept new purchase orders from clients residing in the United Kingdom.
2. **Continued Operation Outside the UK:**Despite the changes within the UK, BC Bitcoin will continue to operate outside of the UK as normal. Our services will remain unaffected for clients in other regions.
3. **Withdrawal of Assets:**For our UK clients holding assets with BC Bitcoin, we want to assure you that your assets are secure. You have the option to safely withdraw your assets or exchange them to GBP or EUR and subsequently withdraw. We have streamlined the withdrawal process to ensure convenience for our clients.
4. **Conversion of Assets:**To convert your Holdings to fiat please log in to your BC Bitcoin account and submit a sell order for the amount of coin you hold with us. During the process you will shown how much you will receive and asked the bank details you wish to receive payment to. In addition, you can request the conversion by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org from your registered email address. If you encounter any issues or require assistance, our customer support team is ready to help you throughout the process.
5. **Withdrawal Procedure:**To initiate a withdrawal, please email your request to email@example.com from your registered email address. You may be asked some security questions to verify your identity. If you encounter any issues or require assistance, our customer support team is ready to help you throughout the process. These changes are effective immediately, and we appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this transitional period. We understand that this may be an inconvenience for our UK clients, and we sincerely apologise for any disruption this may cause. Thank you for being a valued part of the BC Bitcoin community. We are committed to providing you with a seamless experience as we navigate through these regulatory changes. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to our customer support team at firstname.lastname@example.org Kind Regards