CJ - Cryptocurrency Dealer
A shareholder vote on whether Meta Platforms Inc.'s projected metaverse virtual environment is good for society is expected.
The US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has rejected Meta's plea to block an Arjuna Capital LLC proposal. This proposal asked for an independent evaluation of potential psychological, legal, and human rights harms caused by the metaverse. A financial advisory firm is Arjuna Capital. Arjuna Capital had earlier in February filed similar shareholder petition with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
Meta did not dispute that the metaverse had the ability to cause damage. However, it contended to the SEC that the plan might be exempted under current standards since it pertains to the company's "routine business activities." The SEC, on the other hand, decided that the plan "goes beyond routine business affairs."
For the past few years, the metaverse has been a popular issue of debate, with individuals arguing its virtues and drawbacks. There's lots of evidence to show that the metaverse might have long-term and negative consequences for humans.
In a Bloomberg piece, writer Naomi Nix correctly stated: "In virtual reality, everything unsettling and potentially destructive that happens on the internet feels so much more powerful."
"We're not saying no one should be working on a metaverse," said Natasha Lamb, managing partner at Arjuna Capital.
What we're arguing is, is Meta the ideal organisation to accomplish this when they're so badly governed and manifestly incapable of handling what they've already been given? Is it socially permissible for them to do so, or not?
It's worth remembering that Facebook's social conscience has been questioned in the past. It is still reeling from the crisis caused by whistleblower Frances Haugen's exposure of internal papers in 2021. According to the released data, Facebook prioritized profit before content regulation.
Furthermore, the US government and law enforcement authorities have been attempting to hold Facebook accountable for many years. However, no action has been done thus far.
If you would like to read and learn more about various metaverse projects, not only Meta, please visit a trusted cryptocurrency broker - BCBitcoin. As a cryptocurrency exchange platform that offers crypto asset management, here you can also find written guides about new metaverse coins that you may find interesting. Dedicated team members can help you to your crypto market investment journey with live assistance via chat, email or phone.
Dear valued BC Bitcoin UK Clients,
I hope this email finds you well. We are reaching out to inform you of some significant changes to our services that directly impact our operations within the United Kingdom. Regrettably, due to the recent regulatory developments introduced by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and the implementation of the new Financial Promotions Regime, BC Bitcoin is no longer able to offer our services to clients based in the UK. This very difficult decision is in compliance with the regulatory framework and ensures that we uphold the highest standards of transparency and legality. You can view the FCA publication here: https://www.fca.org.uk/publication/finalised-guidance/fg23-3.pdf As a result, we would like to inform you of the following changes and provide guidance on how to manage your assets with BC Bitcoin:
1. **Service Termination for UK Clients:**BC Bitcoin will no longer be able to accept new purchase orders from clients residing in the United Kingdom.
2. **Continued Operation Outside the UK:**Despite the changes within the UK, BC Bitcoin will continue to operate outside of the UK as normal. Our services will remain unaffected for clients in other regions.
3. **Withdrawal of Assets:**For our UK clients holding assets with BC Bitcoin, we want to assure you that your assets are secure. You have the option to safely withdraw your assets or exchange them to GBP or EUR and subsequently withdraw. We have streamlined the withdrawal process to ensure convenience for our clients.
4. **Conversion of Assets:**To convert your Holdings to fiat please log in to your BC Bitcoin account and submit a sell order for the amount of coin you hold with us. During the process you will shown how much you will receive and asked the bank details you wish to receive payment to. In addition, you can request the conversion by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org from your registered email address. If you encounter any issues or require assistance, our customer support team is ready to help you throughout the process.
5. **Withdrawal Procedure:**To initiate a withdrawal, please email your request to email@example.com from your registered email address. You may be asked some security questions to verify your identity. If you encounter any issues or require assistance, our customer support team is ready to help you throughout the process. These changes are effective immediately, and we appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this transitional period. We understand that this may be an inconvenience for our UK clients, and we sincerely apologise for any disruption this may cause. Thank you for being a valued part of the BC Bitcoin community. We are committed to providing you with a seamless experience as we navigate through these regulatory changes. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to our customer support team at firstname.lastname@example.org Kind Regards