Last updated 12/06/2021
Official website: https://www.circle.com/en/usdc
USD Coin (USDC) is one of the world’s fastest-growing full-reserve Stablecoins. Stablecoins are crypto-assets that are pegged to major fiat currencies such as USD or EUR. USDC is a Stablecoin that mirrors the price of the US Dollar and is redeemable on a 1:1 basis. The Centre Consortium, the establishment behind the asset, states that USDC is issued by regulated financial institutions and backed by fully reserved assets. USDC’s peg to the US Dollar is accomplished by maintaining a sum of dollars in reserves that is equal to the number of USDC tokens in circulation. This cryptocurrency was created by a well-established Goldman Sachs owned company, Circle, who teamed up with Coinbase to create the asset for use as ‘digital dollars’ for many financial purposes. Every month, the US dollar reserves for USDC are attested to by accounting services firm, Grant Thornton LLP. Circle publishes these reports so that you can be confident that USDC is always 100% redeemable for US Dollars. These resources can be found on the USDC Official Website.
In October 2018, USD Coin (USDC) was launched as a fiat collateralised Stablecoin by the Centre Consortium, this is a partnership between Circle and Coinbase created to develop a price-stable crypto-asset and network protocols.
Since 2018, USD Coin (USDC) has maintained its Stablecoin status and has continued to be pegged to the US Dollar ever since. The following information is gathered from USDC Official Website showing data from Grant Thornton LLP reports on the USDC/Dollar reserves.
In October 2018:
In April 2019:
In October 2019:
In April 2020:
In December 2020:
In January 2021:
As evident from this data, USDC has kept its stability to the US Dollar and has massively grown its volume over the years.
USD Coin (USDC) is held in a wallet like many other cryptocurrencies. USDC is an ERC20 token and can be held in any Ethereum based wallet, if compatible. Some ERC-20 compatible wallets that can hold USDC are listed below:
As USDC is built on the Ethereum (ETH) network, coins can be stored in any wallet that support Ethereum-based transactions. Exodus is a popular desktop platform to store USDC for its user-friendly features and multi-currency compatibility. The platform also presents a real time portfolio valuation and tracks the value of assets held.
Atomic Wallet is an alternative wallet option with similar ease of use features as well as leading hardware wallet, Ledger. Always conduct your due diligence and research into any wallet provider you consider and ensure you back up your wallet.
You can Buy USDC by heading over to the Buy Coins page of our website. USDC is available on BC Bitcoin trading against major fiat currencies: GBP and EUR. Buying USDC has never been easier, simply place your order and provide your wallet address. Once your payment arrives USDC will be sent directly to your wallet.
Block Explorer: https://etherscan.io
Disclaimer: The information provided in this article is intended for informational purposes only. It is the readers responsibility to complete their own research and due diligence.
Dear valued BC Bitcoin UK Clients,
I hope this email finds you well. We are reaching out to inform you of some significant changes to our services that directly impact our operations within the United Kingdom. Regrettably, due to the recent regulatory developments introduced by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and the implementation of the new Financial Promotions Regime, BC Bitcoin is no longer able to offer our services to clients based in the UK. This very difficult decision is in compliance with the regulatory framework and ensures that we uphold the highest standards of transparency and legality. You can view the FCA publication here: https://www.fca.org.uk/publication/finalised-guidance/fg23-3.pdf As a result, we would like to inform you of the following changes and provide guidance on how to manage your assets with BC Bitcoin:
1. **Service Termination for UK Clients:**BC Bitcoin will no longer be able to accept new purchase orders from clients residing in the United Kingdom.
2. **Continued Operation Outside the UK:**Despite the changes within the UK, BC Bitcoin will continue to operate outside of the UK as normal. Our services will remain unaffected for clients in other regions.
3. **Withdrawal of Assets:**For our UK clients holding assets with BC Bitcoin, we want to assure you that your assets are secure. You have the option to safely withdraw your assets or exchange them to GBP or EUR and subsequently withdraw. We have streamlined the withdrawal process to ensure convenience for our clients.
4. **Conversion of Assets:**To convert your Holdings to fiat please log in to your BC Bitcoin account and submit a sell order for the amount of coin you hold with us. During the process you will shown how much you will receive and asked the bank details you wish to receive payment to. In addition, you can request the conversion by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org from your registered email address. If you encounter any issues or require assistance, our customer support team is ready to help you throughout the process.
5. **Withdrawal Procedure:**To initiate a withdrawal, please email your request to email@example.com from your registered email address. You may be asked some security questions to verify your identity. If you encounter any issues or require assistance, our customer support team is ready to help you throughout the process. These changes are effective immediately, and we appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this transitional period. We understand that this may be an inconvenience for our UK clients, and we sincerely apologise for any disruption this may cause. Thank you for being a valued part of the BC Bitcoin community. We are committed to providing you with a seamless experience as we navigate through these regulatory changes. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to our customer support team at firstname.lastname@example.org Kind Regards