Eight good tips on how to protect your wallet from loss and theft:
- Choose a well-known, trusted wallet provider.
- Conduct your due diligence and research into your chosen wallet provider and understand the processes – Refer to the official website for all the support you need.
- Set the wallet up yourself on a device you personally own and make sure no one is watching you*.
- Be in control of your device.
- Set passwords and additional security measures.
- Back up your wallet.
- Keep your recovery phrases and password in a plastic protective wallet in a safe and secure location for your eyes only. (Preferably in 2 separate locations)
- Never share your recovery phrases, passwords, or private keys with anyone.
- *Refrain from using ‘TeamViewer’ or any similar software.