Wallet Provider: Metamask
Official Website: https://metamask.io/
Compatible Operating Systems: Brave, IOS, Android, Chrome, Firefox, Edge
Description: Metamask is a popular dedicated Ethereum wallet. Designed as a web browser plugin, users are able to send cryptocurrency and interact with various decentralized apps. It can be installed as a browser extension for various leading browsers such as Google chrome and brave.
MetaMask wallet allows users to store keys for Ether and ERC20 tokens on three different web browsers. Metamask also enables users the ability to browse the Ethereum blockchain from a browser.
Supported Cryptocurrencies: The current supported cryptocurrencies, which can be received to, sent from, and stored in Metamask are ETH and various ERC20 tokens.
Step 1: The first step is to install Metamask to your browser of choice. It will have to be supported by Metamask and should only be downloaded from their official site.
You can choose your desired browser once you click the download button at the top right of the page.
Once you have selected your browser, you can then add Metamask as a browser extension.
The installation should be quick and simple; once completed you will be taken to the get started screen.
Step 2: Creating a new wallet is the next step. Here you will have the opportunity to create or recover an old wallet. If this is your first Metamask Wallet, then you will need to click ‘Create a Wallet’. ‘Import Wallet’ will only need to be used if you have an existing Metamask Wallet that you need to gain access to. The reason for this may be because the device you had the original wallet on was corrupted or lost.
Step 3: Setting up your password and recovery information is the next step.
Once your password is created, you will then be taken to a page where you can watch a short information video regarding the recovery process. This will be a good information segment for users who are not well informed on the subject.
Once the video has been watched or skipped, you will then have the opportunity to make a record of your recovery phrases. This information is key in gaining access to your wallet should anything happen to the device your wallet is installed on. It is advised that you record this information physically on a piece of paper and store it somewhere safe. Also, it is recommended that you do not share this information with anyone, as people with access to this information will have access to your wallet.
Step 4: Once the recovery phrases have been recorded, you will then be taken to the main page of your wallet. The default coin is ETH, further tokens can be added via the add token button.
You can add various tokens via the search bar, once added they will be displayed on the main page.
Step 5: Locating your wallet address is the next step. There are several ways to retrieve your wallet address. One way is to access it via the account details menu. The wallet address is what you will need to give whoever is sending you the cryptocurrency.
You can then copy and paste the wallet address, it will be the long string of alphanumeric characters beginning with 0x. You can also view the address on the network via this menu.
The other option for locating your wallet address is to locate it via the main menu. Clicking on the account at the top of the page will copy the wallet address to your clipboard. This is the easiest way to locate your address but is easily missed. Your wallet address in Metamask will be the same for ETH and all the other available ERC20 tokens as they all run off the Ethereum network.
Step 6: Sending cryptocurrency from Metamask is the next step. You can send out cryptocurrency by clicking on the desired crypto. You will be taken to the coins page where there will be two options to send and swap. You will need to click ‘send’; this will take you to the send menu. Here you can paste the receiver’s wallet address, enter the amount you want to send and adjust the fee. Low fees will take longer to process and may even be returned.
Step 7: Buy Cryptocurrency and send to your Wallet
You will first need to register with us: https://www.bcbitcoin.com/login/?register=1
Then you need to go to our website and click "Buy Coins" or use the following link: https://www.bcbitcoin.com/buy/
You can purchase a wide range of Digital Assets through our platform, including ALL Cryptocurrencies compatible with Metamask.
To place an order for Cryptocurrency:
1. Select the Cryptocurrency you would like to purchase and enter the amount you would like to spend on the Coin.
2. In the field “Your Wallet Information” provide us with the Cryptocurrency Wallet Address where you wish to receive Cryptocurrency.
3. Complete your order and make a payment to our account.
Once you have doubled checked your order and wallet information click “next step” to continue.
We check all wallet addresses on the public blockchain to ensure they are valid wallet addresses.
If you are still unsure, please email/call us and we will be pleased to assist you.
Metamask Wallet Overview
• Browser extension allows for quick access
• Direct integration with Ethereum apps
• Limited to ETH and ERC20 tokens
• Requires good knowledge of ETH to use full capabilities
• While MetaMask does not have access to your info, the browser you are using will. Most browsers such as Chrome collect user info, which could compromise one’s privacy
MetaMask is a great wallet for beginners looking to buy ETH and ERC20 tokens. This is due to its ease of use, without sparing additional features. It offers a useful swapping service, in conjunction with easy integration with dapps, hardware wallets, and its mobile app. Online wallets do not offer the increased protection of cold wallets, but for beginners and short-term investors, it is a great starting place for those interested in Ethereum and its associated tokens.
BC Bitcoin Resources
Buy Coins: https://www.bcbitcoin.com/buy/
Additional Metamask Resources
Disclaimer: The information provided in this article is intended for informational purposes only. It is the readers responsibility to complete their own research and due diligence. BC Bitcoin will not be held responsible for any investment or transaction decisions you make based on the information provided on the website.
Dear valued BC Bitcoin UK Clients,
I hope this email finds you well. We are reaching out to inform you of some significant changes to our services that directly impact our operations within the United Kingdom. Regrettably, due to the recent regulatory developments introduced by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and the implementation of the new Financial Promotions Regime, BC Bitcoin is no longer able to offer our services to clients based in the UK. This very difficult decision is in compliance with the regulatory framework and ensures that we uphold the highest standards of transparency and legality. You can view the FCA publication here: https://www.fca.org.uk/publication/finalised-guidance/fg23-3.pdf As a result, we would like to inform you of the following changes and provide guidance on how to manage your assets with BC Bitcoin:
1. **Service Termination for UK Clients:**BC Bitcoin will no longer be able to accept new purchase orders from clients residing in the United Kingdom.
2. **Continued Operation Outside the UK:**Despite the changes within the UK, BC Bitcoin will continue to operate outside of the UK as normal. Our services will remain unaffected for clients in other regions.
3. **Withdrawal of Assets:**For our UK clients holding assets with BC Bitcoin, we want to assure you that your assets are secure. You have the option to safely withdraw your assets or exchange them to GBP or EUR and subsequently withdraw. We have streamlined the withdrawal process to ensure convenience for our clients.
4. **Conversion of Assets:**To convert your Holdings to fiat please log in to your BC Bitcoin account and submit a sell order for the amount of coin you hold with us. During the process you will shown how much you will receive and asked the bank details you wish to receive payment to. In addition, you can request the conversion by emailing email@example.com from your registered email address. If you encounter any issues or require assistance, our customer support team is ready to help you throughout the process.
5. **Withdrawal Procedure:**To initiate a withdrawal, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org from your registered email address. You may be asked some security questions to verify your identity. If you encounter any issues or require assistance, our customer support team is ready to help you throughout the process. These changes are effective immediately, and we appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this transitional period. We understand that this may be an inconvenience for our UK clients, and we sincerely apologise for any disruption this may cause. Thank you for being a valued part of the BC Bitcoin community. We are committed to providing you with a seamless experience as we navigate through these regulatory changes. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to our customer support team at email@example.com Kind Regards