Last Updated: 23/08/2022
Official Website: https://www.akropolis.io/
Akropolis is a business that runs a decentralized finance protocol based on Ethereum that aims to provide a self-sufficient financial environment for accumulating savings and increasing wealth, including through borrowing and lending. AkropolisOS, a framework for creating for-profit decentralized autonomous organizations, Sparta, a platform for uncollateralized financing, and Delphi, a yield farming aggregator and dollar-cost averaging tool, are just a few of the tools it provides to achieve this.
For protocol governance throughout its range of offerings, the project makes use of the ERC-20 token AKRO.
Akropolis was designed as a dispersed savings and pensions fund as a response to what it called "a approaching pension deficit apocalypse" caused by the inevitable failure of state pension systems in its inaugural announcement. However, the business announced in August 2020 that it has changed its focus to laying the foundation for such a system by developing AkropolisOS to enable the quick establishment of for-profit capital pools.
The company's Sparta and Delphi platforms, the former of which offers access to uncollateralized loans, are built on the modular, Solidity-based AkropolisOS framework for the establishment and management of distributed capital pools. By offering community incentives in the form of AKRO to individuals who submit accurate risk evaluations, Akropolis claims that, unlike other DeFi protocols, its products lower the risk connected with these loans.
In December 2018, the company gave some details about its business strategy, stating that it would concentrate on creating a pipeline of institutional clients and partners, creating relationships in the academic and technology sectors, and expanding the Akropolis ecosystem. It also has a sizeable amount of AKRO that will be used for internal operations like marketing and forming partnerships.
A maximum fixed quantity of 4 billion AKRO tokens are available in Akropolis. Between January 2018 and June 2018, the business conducted two initial private token presales. The first round was for strategic partners, investors, and advisers; the second was for engaged community members. The two sales together account for 22.5% of the total supply of tokens, and the AKRO sold was restricted for two months after its initial public sale before vesting on a monthly basis for another 12 months.
To further safeguard its protocol, the Akropolis suite of goods uses the governance token AKRO. As an ERC-20 token, AKRO transactions depend on the proof-of-work consensus method of the Ethereum blockchain to validate any on-chain data. With a PoW consensus, miners compete with one another to add new blocks to the blockchain, and for a record to be recorded, it must be confirmed by the majority of the network's nodes. The smart contracts for AKRO were examined by blockchain security company CertiK in August 2019. After Akropolis made some suggested improvements, the company discovered that the smart contracts were ""structurally sound and not prone to any classically recognized anti-patterns or security vulnerabilities.""
Akropolis revealed that multiple unsuccessful attempts to attack its smart contracts had been made in August 2020. This caused all unlocked ARKO that was still in smart contracts to be transferred to custody wallets with higher-level institutional security. Later on in the same month, a bug bounty program was made public, offering incentives in the form of AKRO or stablecoins to individuals who could find and disclose security flaws.
Along with co-founding the private equity advisory company Sirin Capital, Andrianova also launched Apiro Capital, a data and technology-driven investment management firm, and served as its managing director. Her work as a fund manager for Lehman Brothers and an emerging markets hedge fund analyst for Emergent Asset Management, where she was in charge of private equity fund strategy, gave her more investment experience. Kurbanova has also provided advice to Tenzorum, OpenMaker, the Web3 Foundation, The Bee Token, and others.
Kurbanova started working with Akropolis in January 2018 as an advisor before being hired on as a full-time employee and being credited as the project's co-founder in June 2018. Prior to joining Akropolis, Kurbanova served as the head of analytics at Cindicator, a provider of crypto-asset insight, where she created research tools and techniques and co-wrote the company's white paper and CND token model. She has furthermore worked with Svandis as a community and product advisor.
Akropolis tokens are built on the Ethereum (ETH) network and can be stored in any wallet compatible with Ethereum-based ERC-20 tokens. All ERC-20 tokens including Akropolis token can be stored on the Ethereum blockchain using MyEtherWallet, allowing users to interact with the network without additional software.
An alternative wallet provider for Akropolis token holders can be Trust Wallet – a multi-currency mobile wallet that enables users to simultaneously store a variety of digital assets in one place. Popular among traders and gamers, the beginner friendly mobile wallet may be appropriate for users looking for a convenience and accessible app, with trusted security and backup options. Similarly, a user-friendly option to keep your $AKRO secure can include MetaMask, a leading browser wallet extension popular amongst DeFi platforms and highly praised by developers. Users can integrate with the network’s Liquidity Mining pools by connecting your MetaMask wallet.
The Atomic Wallet is another wallet provider that supports the Akropolis (AKRO) coin. This software wallet can be downloaded on to a desktop or mobile device and offers a wide range of features such as, enhanced anonymity, decentralisation, and security.
Other compatible wallets include:
You can Buy & Sell Akropolis (AKRO) by heading over to the Buy Coins page of our website. Akropolis (AKRO) is available on BC Bitcoin trading against major fiat currencies: GBP and EUR. Buying $AKRO has never been easier, simply place your order and provide your wallet address. Once your payment arrives Akropolis (AKRO) will be sent directly to your wallet.
If you choose to Sell Akropolis (AKRO) you can send us the coins and receive a payment to your bank account. Details and valuation can be found on our Sell Coins page.
Block Explorer: https://etherscan.io/
Disclaimer: The information provided in this article is intended for informational purposes only. It is the reader's responsibility to complete their own research and due diligence.
Dear valued BC Bitcoin UK Clients,
I hope this email finds you well. We are reaching out to inform you of some significant changes to our services that directly impact our operations within the United Kingdom. Regrettably, due to the recent regulatory developments introduced by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and the implementation of the new Financial Promotions Regime, BC Bitcoin is no longer able to offer our services to clients based in the UK. This very difficult decision is in compliance with the regulatory framework and ensures that we uphold the highest standards of transparency and legality. You can view the FCA publication here: https://www.fca.org.uk/publication/finalised-guidance/fg23-3.pdf As a result, we would like to inform you of the following changes and provide guidance on how to manage your assets with BC Bitcoin:
1. **Service Termination for UK Clients:**BC Bitcoin will no longer be able to accept new purchase orders from clients residing in the United Kingdom.
2. **Continued Operation Outside the UK:**Despite the changes within the UK, BC Bitcoin will continue to operate outside of the UK as normal. Our services will remain unaffected for clients in other regions.
3. **Withdrawal of Assets:**For our UK clients holding assets with BC Bitcoin, we want to assure you that your assets are secure. You have the option to safely withdraw your assets or exchange them to GBP or EUR and subsequently withdraw. We have streamlined the withdrawal process to ensure convenience for our clients.
4. **Conversion of Assets:**To convert your Holdings to fiat please log in to your BC Bitcoin account and submit a sell order for the amount of coin you hold with us. During the process you will shown how much you will receive and asked the bank details you wish to receive payment to. In addition, you can request the conversion by emailing email@example.com from your registered email address. If you encounter any issues or require assistance, our customer support team is ready to help you throughout the process.
5. **Withdrawal Procedure:**To initiate a withdrawal, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org from your registered email address. You may be asked some security questions to verify your identity. If you encounter any issues or require assistance, our customer support team is ready to help you throughout the process. These changes are effective immediately, and we appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this transitional period. We understand that this may be an inconvenience for our UK clients, and we sincerely apologise for any disruption this may cause. Thank you for being a valued part of the BC Bitcoin community. We are committed to providing you with a seamless experience as we navigate through these regulatory changes. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to our customer support team at email@example.com Kind Regards