Last Updated: 30/05/2022
Official Website: https://rendertoken.com/
Render Token (RNDR) is an ERC-20 utility token used by artists on the network to exchange for GPU compute power from GPU providers (node operators). Designed as the payment token for services offered by Render Network.
Render Network is a distributed GPU rendering network built on top of the Ethereum (ETH) blockchain, focusing to link studios and artists in need of GPU compute power with mining partners willing to rent their GPU capabilities out.
Using the Render Network, creators can tap into GPU power to render final images at higher speeds and lower costs than previously available. While node operators rent out their spare GPU to creators and receive RNDR tokens for time spent rendering.
Despite being in great demand, GPUs are often idle when they are not being used by a developer to render their own work. By tapping into these unused resources, the Render Network suggests it can greatly improve inefficiencies in the current system.
Utilizing the inherent security properties of the Ethereum blockchain, proprietary assets are hashed upon upload and sent to nodes piecemeal for rendering. All RNDR payments are stored in escrow during rendering and are released to node operators upon manual verification by the commissioning artist of successful work.
Founded in 2016 and launched in 2017 by Jules Urbach, CEO of OTOY, the RNDR team is based out of Los Angeles with team members from all over the world.
The RNDR advisory board members:
Core Team members:
Render Phase I: Post Token Sale (Q1 2018)
Begin to enable cloud rendering services on the orc.otoy.com website with the ability to exchange tokens for rendering services that will be kept track of and facilitated by the blockchain. These services would be initially handled by OTOY or third party servers and would set the framework for a reliable transition into the peer-to-peer framework of rendering.
Render Phase II: Development Process & Preparation for Peer-to-Peer Transition (Q2 2018)
Leverage the ecosystem to bring ~7 million users on-board with the Render token platform on the ORC Network and create a simple user interface so that users and developers can easily utilize their GPU power for rendering and streaming jobs in exchange for Render tokens. To also create and expand the structure for the back-end OTOY network that will handle the efficient processing of the rendering and streaming transactions via the Ethereum blockchain. Beta launch of the network and testing will take place in this phase
Render Phase III: Launch Peer-to-Peer Network (Q3/Q4 2018)
Launch the peer-to-peer exchange and unlock full capability of the Render token network to enable users to use the untapped GPU power from the available resource pool. Make back-end processes streamlined and make the facilitation of the rendering/streaming job to the recipient completely automated through smart contracts and blockchain development.
Render Phase IV: The Ultimate Vision (TBD)
Once the peer-to-peer network is all set-up and running in a stable manner, begin to focus efforts to unlock the true value and potential of the render jobs processed through the Render Token and the ORC network. Stress the capabilities that they will bring in terms of custom streaming permissions, copyright protection, and unique render creation and publishing. Eventually, the process of rendering using our framework will carry additional value in the form of new and exclusive features. Release additional information on this process during future written posts and documentation.
Render Token (RNDR) tokens are built on the Ethereum network and can be stored in any wallet compatible with Ethereum-based ERC-20 tokens.
Options to keep your Render Token (RNDR) secure and offline can therefore include the leading hardware wallet providers Ledger and Trezor. All ERC-20 tokens including Render Token (RNDR) can be stored on the Ethereum blockchain using MyEtherWallet, allowing users to interact with the network without additional software.
An alternative wallet provider for Render Token (RNDR) token holders can be Trust Wallet – a multi-currency mobile wallet that enables users to simultaneously store a variety of digital assets in one place. Popular among traders and gamers, the beginner friendly mobile wallet may be appropriate for users looking for a convenience and accessible app, with trusted security and backup options.
Similarly, a user-friendly option to keep your $RNDR secure can include MetaMask, a leading browser wallet extension popular amongst DeFi platforms and highly praised by developers. Users can integrate with the network’s Liquidity Mining pools by connecting your MetaMask wallet.
You can Buy & Sell Render Token (RNDR) by heading over to the Buy Coins page of our website. Render Token (RNDR) is available on BC Bitcoin trading against major fiat currencies: GBP and EUR. Buying $RNDR has never been easier, simply place your order and provide your wallet address. Once your payment arrives Render Token (RNDR) will be sent directly to your wallet.
If you choose to Sell Render Token (RNDR) you can send us the coins and receive a payment to your bank account. Details and valuation can be found on our Sell Coins page.
Disclaimer: The information provided in this article is intended for informational purposes only. It is the readers responsibility to complete their own research and due diligence.
Dear valued BC Bitcoin UK Clients,
I hope this email finds you well. We are reaching out to inform you of some significant changes to our services that directly impact our operations within the United Kingdom. Regrettably, due to the recent regulatory developments introduced by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and the implementation of the new Financial Promotions Regime, BC Bitcoin is no longer able to offer our services to clients based in the UK. This very difficult decision is in compliance with the regulatory framework and ensures that we uphold the highest standards of transparency and legality. You can view the FCA publication here: https://www.fca.org.uk/publication/finalised-guidance/fg23-3.pdf As a result, we would like to inform you of the following changes and provide guidance on how to manage your assets with BC Bitcoin:
1. **Service Termination for UK Clients:**BC Bitcoin will no longer be able to accept new purchase orders from clients residing in the United Kingdom.
2. **Continued Operation Outside the UK:**Despite the changes within the UK, BC Bitcoin will continue to operate outside of the UK as normal. Our services will remain unaffected for clients in other regions.
3. **Withdrawal of Assets:**For our UK clients holding assets with BC Bitcoin, we want to assure you that your assets are secure. You have the option to safely withdraw your assets or exchange them to GBP or EUR and subsequently withdraw. We have streamlined the withdrawal process to ensure convenience for our clients.
4. **Conversion of Assets:**To convert your Holdings to fiat please log in to your BC Bitcoin account and submit a sell order for the amount of coin you hold with us. During the process you will shown how much you will receive and asked the bank details you wish to receive payment to. In addition, you can request the conversion by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org from your registered email address. If you encounter any issues or require assistance, our customer support team is ready to help you throughout the process.
5. **Withdrawal Procedure:**To initiate a withdrawal, please email your request to email@example.com from your registered email address. You may be asked some security questions to verify your identity. If you encounter any issues or require assistance, our customer support team is ready to help you throughout the process. These changes are effective immediately, and we appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this transitional period. We understand that this may be an inconvenience for our UK clients, and we sincerely apologise for any disruption this may cause. Thank you for being a valued part of the BC Bitcoin community. We are committed to providing you with a seamless experience as we navigate through these regulatory changes. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to our customer support team at firstname.lastname@example.org Kind Regards