Last updated 19/07/2021
Official website: https://www.vechain.org/
The VeChain project began in June 2015 with a focus on building a trust-free and distributed business ecosystem to enable transparent information flow, efficient collaboration and high-speed value transfer. VeChain specializes in blockchain and IoT technologies and has grown to be one of the first blockchain platforms with real-world business applications, implemented by highly regarded enterprises across numerous sectors internationally.
By providing vigorous and secure blockchain infrastructure, enterprise solutions, turnkey packages and development tools in both software and hardware, VeChain seeks to allow its business partners and developers to implement blockchain solutions for their business and also produce a powerful and sustainable ecosystem. They have an international professional team of over 100 staff members including over 50 professional blockchain application developers. VeChain is also vigorously working with some of the most prestigious universities worldwide in its blockchain R&D capacity, such as Tsinghua University, Stanford University, MIT, and the Oxford Mathematical Institute.
VeChain is Proof-of-Authority based meaning there is low computation power required to acheive network consensus and security, and hard forks can be avoided due to the built in smart contracts. All Authority Masternode Operator identites are strictly verified by the Foundation so improve security on the network. There are also meta-transaction features native to VeChainThor blockchain's core protocol, these include controllable transaction lifecycles, fee delegation, multi-task transactions (MTT) and transaction dependency.
VeChain was founded in 2015 and is one of the older entities within the blockchain industry. It has offices in China, France, Singapore and Japan. VeChain first began as a subsidiary of BitSe, which is one of China’s largest blockchain companies.
The project is also supported by the VeChain Foundation. The foundation was established in Singapore in July 2017 as a non-profit organisation. The CEO, Sunny Lu, holds well over a decade’s worth of experience as an IT executive in Fortune 500 companies. Meanwhile, the CFO Jay Zhang has more than 14 years’ worth of experience as a senior manager with PwC and Deloitte. You can find more about the VeChain team here.
VeChain migrated onto its own blockchain from the Ethereum network and consequently rebranded itself in 2018. This included the VEN blockchain adapting into the VeChainThor (VET) blockchain in 2018. There are many documents here to help you find everything you need to know about VeChainThor. The preliminary target that they have established is to disrupt the supply chain industry and to do this, they will make all data within the network actionable and transparent. The blockchain also has ideas which involve having dApps and initial coin offerings (ICOs) on VeChain and the Internet of Things (IoT) platform.
The VeChain Foundation released its own official wallet to store VeChain and VeThor. The initial release of the VeChainThor wallet came in form of a mobile wallet app which aimed to provide a “powerful, secure, simple and fully functional portal to the VeChainThor blockchain”. The wallet can be downloaded for both iOS and Android devices.
There are also several third party wallets that can store VeChain (VET). These incude Guarda Wallet, Atomic Wallet, Trust Wallet and many more. We have helpful Wallet Guides available to help you set up and use various wallets. We recommend using Exodus to store VeChain as Exodus has a very user-friendly interface and supports most cryptocurrencies. Your VeChain wallet address can be prominently displayed within Exodus ensuring ease of use when sending and receiving this coin. The platform also presents a real time portfolio valuation and tracks the value of digital assets held.
We always recommend our customers to perform their due diligence and research into any platform they are looking to start using. You may find some general information regarding various wallets on our Wallet Guides page.
You can Buy & Sell VeChain (VET) here at BC Bitcoin. You can Buy VET by heading over to the Buy Coins page of our website. VET is available on BC Bitcoin trading against major fiat currencies: GBP and EUR. Buying VET has never been easier, simply place your order and provide your wallet address. Once your payment arrives, VET will be sent directly to your wallet.
VeChain Documents: https://docs.vechain.org/
Block Explorer: https://explore.vechain.org/
Disclaimer: The information provided in this article is intended for informational purposes only. It is the readers responsibility to complete their own research and due diligence.
Dear valued BC Bitcoin UK Clients,
I hope this email finds you well. We are reaching out to inform you of some significant changes to our services that directly impact our operations within the United Kingdom. Regrettably, due to the recent regulatory developments introduced by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and the implementation of the new Financial Promotions Regime, BC Bitcoin is no longer able to offer our services to clients based in the UK. This very difficult decision is in compliance with the regulatory framework and ensures that we uphold the highest standards of transparency and legality. You can view the FCA publication here: https://www.fca.org.uk/publication/finalised-guidance/fg23-3.pdf As a result, we would like to inform you of the following changes and provide guidance on how to manage your assets with BC Bitcoin:
1. **Service Termination for UK Clients:**BC Bitcoin will no longer be able to accept new purchase orders from clients residing in the United Kingdom.
2. **Continued Operation Outside the UK:**Despite the changes within the UK, BC Bitcoin will continue to operate outside of the UK as normal. Our services will remain unaffected for clients in other regions.
3. **Withdrawal of Assets:**For our UK clients holding assets with BC Bitcoin, we want to assure you that your assets are secure. You have the option to safely withdraw your assets or exchange them to GBP or EUR and subsequently withdraw. We have streamlined the withdrawal process to ensure convenience for our clients.
4. **Conversion of Assets:**To convert your Holdings to fiat please log in to your BC Bitcoin account and submit a sell order for the amount of coin you hold with us. During the process you will shown how much you will receive and asked the bank details you wish to receive payment to. In addition, you can request the conversion by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org from your registered email address. If you encounter any issues or require assistance, our customer support team is ready to help you throughout the process.
5. **Withdrawal Procedure:**To initiate a withdrawal, please email your request to email@example.com from your registered email address. You may be asked some security questions to verify your identity. If you encounter any issues or require assistance, our customer support team is ready to help you throughout the process. These changes are effective immediately, and we appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this transitional period. We understand that this may be an inconvenience for our UK clients, and we sincerely apologise for any disruption this may cause. Thank you for being a valued part of the BC Bitcoin community. We are committed to providing you with a seamless experience as we navigate through these regulatory changes. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to our customer support team at firstname.lastname@example.org Kind Regards