Last updated 14/09/2022
Official Website: https://selfkey.org/
SelfKey is a decentralized identity management tool built on the blockchain that enables users to centrally store and secure their private information. With the benefits of readily available data and knowledge come a new set of issues as the internet becomes a bigger part of modern life.
As the prevalence of this fraudulent conduct has risen in the US over the past several years, identity theft is becoming a bigger worry. SelfKey offers a safe and secure ecosystem for the creation of your digital identity and the storage of your personal information. A marketplace for different financial services and goods is also hosted by the system, allowing consumers and businesses to, for example, open bank accounts on the decentralized platform.
The purpose is to streamline the Know Your Customer verification procedure and enable consumers to instantly confirm their online identity. The technology safeguards users' identities while also offering security for crucial data and personal information. Apart from the KEY coin, the two key components are SelfKey wallets and SelfKey marketplace.
Similar to how the Bitcoin (BTC) system handles things, SelfKey distributes data around network nodes. SelfKey limits access to crucial information and files that are kept on the platform using public and private key cryptography. Additionally, SelfKey features a mechanism that was especially designed to let users rapidly communicate their basic information, such name, gender, and age, with third parties if and when necessary. Identity theft and data leakage are stopped by this technology.
Over 300 different goods and services, including opening a bank account and setting up an account on a cryptocurrency exchange, are available on the SelfKey marketplace. Through the SelfKey wallet, users may enter the marketplace and utilize their identity to access goods and services that would otherwise require a thorough KYC verification.
Utility Token from SelfKey The SelfKey identity management protocol is developed on top of the Ethereum blockchain, and KEY is an ERC-20 token. The primary means of payment on the platform, KEY, can be used to access services and goods in the market.
By means of its sister company KYC Chain, SelfKey was established and released in 2017. SelfKey and KYC Chain both have founders that are named Edmund Lowell. The staff for the project is sizable and is situated in Mauritius. The SelfKey identity management system is currently being developed, and Edmund Lowell and the team are looking for new members to help.
The project's goal is to protect digital identities of people and businesses while streamlining the KYC procedure. SelfKey has already formed partnerships with a number of well-known companies in the blockchain industry, including Polymath and Kyber Network.
SelfKey provides its own official, non-custodial wallet app where users can store their KEY and other ERC-20 tokens. The SelfKey wallet allows users to access the marketplace where they can buy hundreds of services and products. The SelfKey wallet is completely cooperative with the leading hardware wallets such as Ledger and Trezor.
Dedicated wallet providers such as Metamask or Guarda are also great for storing, sending and receiving any Selfkey you may already have or are looking to purchase. It is always recommended that you ensure using a secure wallet, create back-ups and store any sensitive recovery information. As well as, complete your own research and due diligence.
You can Buy & Sell Selfkey (KEY) here at BC Bitcoin.
You can Buy Selfkey by heading over to the Buy Coins page of our website. Selfkey is available on BC Bitcoin trading against major fiat currencies: GBP and EUR. Buying Selfkey has never been easier, simply place your order and provide your wallet address. Once your payment arrives, Selfkey will be sent directly to your wallet.
If you choose to Sell Selfkey (KEY), you can send us the coins and receive a payment to your bank account. Details and a live valuation can be found on the Sell Coins page.
Block Explorer: https://etherscan.io/
Disclaimer: The information provided in this article is intended for informational purposes only. It is the readers responsibility to complete their own research and due diligence.
Dear valued BC Bitcoin UK Clients,
I hope this email finds you well. We are reaching out to inform you of some significant changes to our services that directly impact our operations within the United Kingdom. Regrettably, due to the recent regulatory developments introduced by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and the implementation of the new Financial Promotions Regime, BC Bitcoin is no longer able to offer our services to clients based in the UK. This very difficult decision is in compliance with the regulatory framework and ensures that we uphold the highest standards of transparency and legality. You can view the FCA publication here: https://www.fca.org.uk/publication/finalised-guidance/fg23-3.pdf As a result, we would like to inform you of the following changes and provide guidance on how to manage your assets with BC Bitcoin:
1. **Service Termination for UK Clients:**BC Bitcoin will no longer be able to accept new purchase orders from clients residing in the United Kingdom.
2. **Continued Operation Outside the UK:**Despite the changes within the UK, BC Bitcoin will continue to operate outside of the UK as normal. Our services will remain unaffected for clients in other regions.
3. **Withdrawal of Assets:**For our UK clients holding assets with BC Bitcoin, we want to assure you that your assets are secure. You have the option to safely withdraw your assets or exchange them to GBP or EUR and subsequently withdraw. We have streamlined the withdrawal process to ensure convenience for our clients.
4. **Conversion of Assets:**To convert your Holdings to fiat please log in to your BC Bitcoin account and submit a sell order for the amount of coin you hold with us. During the process you will shown how much you will receive and asked the bank details you wish to receive payment to. In addition, you can request the conversion by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org from your registered email address. If you encounter any issues or require assistance, our customer support team is ready to help you throughout the process.
5. **Withdrawal Procedure:**To initiate a withdrawal, please email your request to email@example.com from your registered email address. You may be asked some security questions to verify your identity. If you encounter any issues or require assistance, our customer support team is ready to help you throughout the process. These changes are effective immediately, and we appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this transitional period. We understand that this may be an inconvenience for our UK clients, and we sincerely apologise for any disruption this may cause. Thank you for being a valued part of the BC Bitcoin community. We are committed to providing you with a seamless experience as we navigate through these regulatory changes. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to our customer support team at firstname.lastname@example.org Kind Regards